CMOs must lead the charge to make the customer the center of the universe, designing human and digital experiences, writes Forrester's Victor Milligan.
|Scooped by Eric_Determined / Eric Silverstein|
Designing Human and Digital Experiences Is the CMO's Top Priority - do you agree?
Victor Milligan CMO @Forrester confirms it's no longer business-as-usual, for the following reasons:
• Traditional loyalty structures are eroding, causing companies to have to work harder to retain customers or risk driving up churn.
• Customers expect high levels of personalization, forcing companies to design experiences as close to the individual level as possible.
• Agile digital companies are seeking to disintermediate the relationship between both traditional digital and brick-and-mortar companies and their customers.
• Companies must now differentiate on the experiences they deliver to customers.
The CMO agenda now consists of:
1. Making organizational changes to better align capabilities and ensure a seamless delivery of experiences across human and digital touchpoints.
2. Transitioning process design from being efficiency-focused to customer-focused.
3. Making hard changes in people and culture, including leadership, new roles, competencies and a customer-focused culture that fuels the business.
4. Putting in place an analytics capability to enable data-driven, personalized journeys.
5. Initiating or accelerating the business technology agenda to improve technologies that deliver customer value and drive growth.