No one ever became a great leader without first becoming a great communicator.
Great leaders connect with people on an emotional level every time they speak. Their words inspire others to achieve more than they ever thought possible.
Great communicators are intentional about it, and there are 10 secrets they rely on to deliver a powerful message. Put these secrets to work in your communication and watch your influence soar.
1. They Know Their Audience
2. They Are Experts In Body Language
3. They Are Honest
4. They Are Authentic
5. They Speak With Authority
6. They Speak To Groups As Individuals
7. They Have Ears (And They Use Them)
8. They Use Phrases Like "It's My Fault," "I Was Wrong," and "I'm Sorry"
9. They Solicit Feedback
10. They're Proactive
Leaders with the best communication skills don't waste time playing catch-up. They're quick to head off the rumor mill by sharing bad news in a timely manner. They also give clear, concise goals and directions so people don't waste their time heading in the wrong direction.
Via Gust MEES