- How many different voltage-gated calcium (CaV) channels are there and should one care?
- All mammalian Cacna1 genes have the potential to generate hundreds of CaV channels.
- Cell specific mechanisms control CaV channel function at RNA and protein levels according to cell type.
- Cell specific protein–protein interactions control subcellular CaV channel trafficking and function.
- Cell specific and subcellular expression patterns of CaV isoforms are important for disease and treatment development.
(...) - by Lipscombe D et al., Trends in Neurosciences, available online 30 July 2013