- We present Neurient, an algorithm developed to trace dense fluorescent neurite images.
- Neurient allows unsupervised image processing, with optional tunable parameters.
- Method: find seed points, index into a directed lookup table, trace neurite segments.
- Trace coordinates and orientations can be used to evaluate neurite alignment.
- The Neurient code is open source and freely available for use and customization.
by Mitchel JA et al., Journal of Neuroscience Methods, Volume 214, Issue 2, 15 April 2013, Pages 210–222