Race & Crime UK
66.1K views | +2 today
Follow
Race & Crime UK
In association with Nationalist Media Network - Home Page http://britishnationalistreview.tumblr.com
Your new post is loading...
Your new post is loading...
Scooped by Nationalist Media Network
Scoop.it!

Two women robbed of their handbags in the space of one hour

Two women robbed of their handbags in the space of one hour | Race & Crime UK | Scoop.it
Two women were robbed of their handbags in the space of an hour.

 

Both robberies happened in the Eccles area of Salford and on both occasions, the victims were grabbed in headlocks before their handbags were stolen.

Police are treating the incidents are linked and believe the same offenders were responsible for both robberies.

The first happened at about 10.45pm on Saturday 4 September 2012. The 62-year-old woman was out walking alone on Trafford Road in Eccles when she was confronted by two men who grabbed her by the head to restrain her, before running off with her bag.

A passer-by stopped to comfort her and the police were called.

The main offender was described as being black or Asian, about 5ft 6in tall, with short dark hair and of a slim build. He was wearing tight red chino-style pants, a dark-padded sleeveless jacket and a light-coloured hooded top underneath.

The second man was said to be taller and of a bigger build than the first offender, and wearing dark knee-length shorts in a check design and a dark sleeveless hooded top with a light top underneath.

About an hour later, on Wellington Road in Eccles, another woman who was walking from Eccles town centre towards Lyntown Trading Estate was approached by two Asian men and was also grabbed in a headlock and her bag stolen.

The woman tried to give chase to the two thieves but lost sight of them.

Police are now appealing to anyone who has information about either robbery to come forward.

The description for the offenders in both incidents is very similar - with one man said to be wearing the red trousers and the other the check shorts.

Police Constable Fiona Butler said: "Based on the similar descriptions of the offenders and the modus operandi for each crime, we believe the same men are responsible for each robbery.

"These are two despicable, opportunistic crimes committed against defenceless women out walking alone.

"One of the women is now too frightened to go out and will not walk anywhere, such is the profound effect this has had on her. That is totally unacceptable - no-one should be made to feel that way.

"Therefore we need to find these two men and give these women the justice they deserve.

"We believe they are local to the area as they had good knowledge of the back streets of Eccles which helped them to evade capture. However we will do everything we can to find them and I would appeal to anyone in the community, and even the friends and family of the offenders themselves, to do the right thing and come forward."

 

Anyone with information should call police on 0161 856 5250 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

more...
No comment yet.
Scooped by Nationalist Media Network
Scoop.it!

Police hunt for eye gouge robbery suspect

Police hunt for eye gouge robbery suspect | Race & Crime UK | Scoop.it

A TEEN WHO robbed a lad’s phone and gouged his victim’s eye when he refused to hand over his property is being sought by police.

The suspect, captured on camera, is wanted in connection with a robbery which happened on the 905 bus as it travelled from the city centre through Gravelly Hill in Erdington earlier this month.

It is alleged that between 7.30pm and 8.30pm on Sunday 9 September a 15-year-old lad was sat on the bus when the older lad came and sat by him, smashed his head on the seat in front and demanded his property.

When the victim – from Selly Park – refused, his attacker gouged his eye and stole his Blackberry Curve mobile phone and £5 in cash before jumping off the bus.

The suspected mugger is also wanted in connection with a number of knifepoint robberies which happened around the same time in the same area.

Just two days after the first attack, it is alleged that just before 11pm the lad threatened a 17-year-old boy with a knife on the top deck of the 904 bus stealing his mobile and some cash. Again, the attacker got off the bus in Gravelly Hill.

In the final attack on 13 September, the lad is captured on camera frogmarching another teen, who had just got off the 904 bus in Gravelly Hill, to a cashpoint at a petrol station on Tyburn Road. There, it is claimed that the victim was forced to withdraw £150 and hand it over to his attacker along a packet of cigarettes.

Detective Constable Richard Noyes, from Sutton Coldfield police station, is leading the investigation. He said: “Crime is down on the region’s bus network and we are keen to quickly identify the lad captured on camera with the aim of restoring normality to bus services in the area.

“These were cowardly attacks which have left the victims badly shaken.

“We are working with our colleagues in the Safer Travel Team to arrest the suspected offender and make other passengers feel safe.

“If we are to do this, we need the public’s help to identify the lad in the CCTV.”

 

Anyone who can name the lad in the CCTV should call Detective Constable Richard Noyes at Sutton Coldfield police station on 101. Alternatively, people who do not want to speak with police officers directly can call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

more...
No comment yet.
Scooped by Nationalist Media Network
Scoop.it!

‘Would-be’ Burnley imam in court over betting shop robbery plot

‘Would-be’ Burnley imam in court over betting shop robbery plot | Race & Crime UK | Scoop.it

A WOULD-BE imam and another man said to have been part of a plot to rob a betting shop walked free from court after a judge branded them “idiots.”... Published on Monday 10 September 2012 

 

Mohammad Abdul Ghafaar and Wajid Khan, now both 20, were said to have been captured on CCTV “staking out” Tote Sport in Moorgate, Bury, before it was targeted in an armed raid in September 2009, Burnley Crown Court had earlier been told.

Ghafaar, of Merton Street, and Khan, of Kent Street, both Burnley, had earlier admitted to conspiracy to rob the shop, between August 18th and September 2nd 2009. They had owned up during the second week of a recent trial. Neither had any previous convictions.

Ghafaar is said to regularly lead prayers at his local mosque as part of a team of imams and may one day become one himself. His barrister told the court how the defendant had now finished his Islamic training and was beginning to play a role in his community.

The two defendants were each given 52 weeks in jail, suspended for two years, with 200 hours’ unpaid work by Judge Beverly Lunt. Mr Hugh McKee (prosecuting) had earlier told the court Ghafaar and Khan had gone into the shop across the road from the bookies around 10-30am and left about 11-30am. They then entered Tote Sport, one of them picked up a pen and the other got a betting slip, about 20 minutes before the robbery.

Mr Tim Storrie (defending Ghafaar) told the court his involvement in the offence, serious as it was, was “an extreme example of youthful folly.” The defendant’s family was supportive. He had now finished his scholarship training and was often asked to lead mosque prayers. Ghafaar, who had just started a joinery course at college, may be getting married in the not too distant future.

Mr Michael Blakey (defending Khan) said he had matured somewhat since the date of the offence. He had not offended since. The defendant was going back to college in two weeks.

Sentencing, Judge Lunt told the pair they should have pleaded guilty at the very beginning.

“You were idiots,” she said. The judge added in every other respect, the defendants behaved responsibly, properly, were well thought of and were good members of the community and society.

more...
No comment yet.
Scooped by Nationalist Media Network
Scoop.it!

Police hunt Burnley schoolboy knife robbers

Police hunt Burnley schoolboy knife robbers | Race & Crime UK | Scoop.it
TWO teenagers suspected of robbing a Burnley schoolboy at knifepoint are being hunted by police.

 

The 15-year-old victim was threatened and attacked by the youths for his mobile phone as he walked home from school.

Detectives have now released an Evofit image of one of the teens believed to be behind the terrifying street robbery.

The incident happened as the pupil walked from the bus station along Todmorden Road towards Towneley on the afternoon of Tuesday, March 13th.

At approximately 4-20 p.m. the boy walked past the Flower Bowl store and the Post Office when he has been approached by two teenage boys who launched an unprovoked attack on him demanding his iPhone.

During the attack the teenagers were disturbed by a man parking in a red car and left the area towards Turf Moor.

Ten minutes later the victim had just walked past the Spar shop in Todmorden Road when he was approached by the same two teenagers who ran up behind him and threatened him with a knife – telling him to hand over his phone.

The boy was punched in the head but the offenders were again disturbed by a member of the public driving a blue vehicle. This man stopped and spoke to the victim to ensure he was okay.

The offenders then ran off into the Burnley Wood area.

The two offenders are both described as Asian and aged around 16 or 17.

The first boy is around 6ft tall, medium build and was wearing a black hooded top. The second boy is shorter at 5ft 9in tall, slimmer build, and was wearing a grey hooded top.

DC Ashley Johnston, from Pennine CID said: “Fortunately the victim was not seriously hurt and the offenders escaped empty handed but I’d ask people to take a close look at the Evofit and if anyone thinks they recognise the teenager please come forward and speak with police.

“This incident happened in peak traffic time on a very busy main road out of Burnley. I would reassure people that an investigation is continuing but I’d urge any witnesses to come forward, in particular the two members of the public who stopped in their vehicles to help the victim as they have yet to be traced.”

 

Anyone with any information should call Lancashire Police on 101 or Pennine CID Office direct on 01282 472149.

 

People with information can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or on-line at Crimestoppers-uk.org.

more...
No comment yet.
Scooped by Nationalist Media Network
Scoop.it!

Man robbed on way home from work by two black robbers

Man robbed on way home from work by two black robbers | Race & Crime UK | Scoop.it

The victim was walking along a footpath between Loughton station and Roding Gardens at about 10.10pm on Tuesday, September 18, 2012 when he was grabbed from behind by one man and punched in the face by another.

The man was then pushed into bushes where the two robbers took his bag containing an Apple iPod, headphones, clothing and other small items. They also grabbed a Samsung Galaxy mobile telephone.

The victim, who is in his late 20s, suffered cuts and bruises but did not need hospital treatment after being checked over by paramedics.

The robbers were both described as being black and aged in their 20s. One was about 6ft 2in and of medium build with stubble on his face. He was wearing black or grey woollen gloves and a dark green or black hoodie or coat and dark coloured jeans.

The second man was about 5ft 8in and of smaller build. He was also wearing a hoodie.

 

Any witnesses or anyone with information about the two men should contact DS Becky Young at Harlow Target Offender Team on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

 

more...
No comment yet.
Scooped by Nationalist Media Network
Scoop.it!

Man robbed at knifepoint by three Asian men

Man robbed at knifepoint by three Asian men | Race & Crime UK | Scoop.it

POLICE are appealing for help to trace three men who robbed another man at knifepoint in Redditch.

It happened on Thursday, September 20 at 7.25pm in an underpass off Harport Road between Lodge Park and Greenlands.

The victim, a man in his 20s, was approached by three Asian men, two coming from behind him and one in front who pulled out a Stanley knife and ordered him to hand over his valuables.
He tried to fight them off and stopped them from stealing his mobile phone but fell to the floor and suffered a cut hand.

The victim managed to run from the scene after the robbers had grabbed a small black bag from him which had long string handles. It contained his lunchbox.

The robbers were all thought to be aged between 20 and 24, around 5ft 6ins, of medium build and wearing hooded tops.

One of them was wearing a top with an urban camouflage design and one of the others was wearing beige trousers.

Detective Constable Dave Jennings of Redditch CID said: “Fortunately the victim’s injuries did not require medical treatment but obviously he was pretty shaken up by this.

“It was a senseless robbery in that all they managed to steal was an empty lunchbox.

“However the use of a knife is very worrying and it is essential we catch these men.”

He added: “I would urge anyone who saw them hanging around near the underpass or knows or can suggest who they are to get in touch with us as a matter of urgency.”

 

Anyone with information can call 101, quoting incident reference 562-S-200912, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

 

more...
No comment yet.
Scooped by Nationalist Media Network
Scoop.it!

County Durham Patriots: Labour Kirklees Council leader Mehboob Khan claims nearly as much in expenses as his 78 colleagues put together

County Durham Patriots: Labour Kirklees Council leader Mehboob Khan claims nearly as much in expenses as his 78 colleagues put together | Race & Crime UK | Scoop.it

Huddersfield Examiner: NEW figures show Kirklees Council’s leader claimed nearly as much for train fares, food and hotel stays as the other 78 councillors put together.

 

Clr Mehboob Khan received £5,254 in 2011/12 for travel and subsistence outside Kirklees – 46% of the total amount for all 79 councillors.

The figures released yesterday showed that Kirklees councillors claimed £11,195 between them last year for travel and subsistence outside Kirklees.

The information runs from April 1, 2011 until March 31, 2012 and includes 79 councillors, including 10 who either retired or lost their seats at the council election in May 2011.

The expenses are on top of the basic allowance of £12,566 a year which is paid to every councillor.

Senior members of Kirklees also receive a special responsibility allowance, which ranges from £1,227 for serving on the Overview and Scrutiny Management Group to £25,155 for leading the council.

Twenty councillors claimed expenses for work outside Kirklees last year.

Green leader Clr Andrew Cooper was second on the list behind Clr Khan, receiving £1,523.

The Newsome man said: “I don’t claim for food and I never have.

“I have LGA responsibilities that require me to go down to London every now and again. I’m trying to find ways to get the LGA to cover more of those costs.”

Clr Cooper added that his LGA work was worthwhile.

He said: “I chair the Inland Flood Risk Working Group. We’ve had a number of problems with flooding and insurance in Armitage Bridge and I’ve been able to raise that with people in Government.”

Lib Dem leader Clr Kath Pinnock was fifth on the list, claiming £608 in 2011/12.

The Cleckheaton woman said she had reduced the number of journeys to London in the last few years.

Conservative leader Clr Robert Light was 12th on the list, claiming £189.

more...
No comment yet.
Scooped by Nationalist Media Network
Scoop.it!

Two Polish immigrants who posed as decorators to steal over £300,000 of valuables from 114 homes in just 14 months are jailed

Two Polish immigrants who posed as decorators to steal over £300,000 of valuables from 114 homes in just 14 months are jailed | Race & Crime UK | Scoop.it
Two Polish immigrants who raided £300k from homes across five counties including North Wales and Shropshire have been jailed for seven years each.
more...
No comment yet.