Race & Crime UK
Follow
Find tag "Burnley"
43.2K views | +3 today
Race & Crime UK
In association with British Nationalist Review - http://britishnationalistreview.tumblr.com
Your new post is loading...
Your new post is loading...
Scooped by Nationalist Media Network
Scoop.it!

‘Would-be’ Burnley imam in court over betting shop robbery plot

‘Would-be’ Burnley imam in court over betting shop robbery plot | Race & Crime UK | Scoop.it

A WOULD-BE imam and another man said to have been part of a plot to rob a betting shop walked free from court after a judge branded them “idiots.”... Published on Monday 10 September 2012 

 

Mohammad Abdul Ghafaar and Wajid Khan, now both 20, were said to have been captured on CCTV “staking out” Tote Sport in Moorgate, Bury, before it was targeted in an armed raid in September 2009, Burnley Crown Court had earlier been told.

Ghafaar, of Merton Street, and Khan, of Kent Street, both Burnley, had earlier admitted to conspiracy to rob the shop, between August 18th and September 2nd 2009. They had owned up during the second week of a recent trial. Neither had any previous convictions.

Ghafaar is said to regularly lead prayers at his local mosque as part of a team of imams and may one day become one himself. His barrister told the court how the defendant had now finished his Islamic training and was beginning to play a role in his community.

The two defendants were each given 52 weeks in jail, suspended for two years, with 200 hours’ unpaid work by Judge Beverly Lunt. Mr Hugh McKee (prosecuting) had earlier told the court Ghafaar and Khan had gone into the shop across the road from the bookies around 10-30am and left about 11-30am. They then entered Tote Sport, one of them picked up a pen and the other got a betting slip, about 20 minutes before the robbery.

Mr Tim Storrie (defending Ghafaar) told the court his involvement in the offence, serious as it was, was “an extreme example of youthful folly.” The defendant’s family was supportive. He had now finished his scholarship training and was often asked to lead mosque prayers. Ghafaar, who had just started a joinery course at college, may be getting married in the not too distant future.

Mr Michael Blakey (defending Khan) said he had matured somewhat since the date of the offence. He had not offended since. The defendant was going back to college in two weeks.

Sentencing, Judge Lunt told the pair they should have pleaded guilty at the very beginning.

“You were idiots,” she said. The judge added in every other respect, the defendants behaved responsibly, properly, were well thought of and were good members of the community and society.

more...
No comment yet.
Scooped by Nationalist Media Network
Scoop.it!

Burnley Crown Court – Demo Update Monday 11th June

Burnley Crown Court – Demo Update Monday 11th June | Race & Crime UK | Scoop.it
The British National Party held another demo outside Burnley Crown Court where yet another Muslim group of alleged paedophiles are on trial. Today, Monday, was the first day of the trial, and it was centred around choosing the jury.

It is worth noting that Nick Griffin, MEP for the North West, put in an official request that Muslims not be allowed on this jury.

His objection was disallowed.
With our demo outside, some of our Sheffield and Barnsley members went into the public gallery of the court in order to observe.

Demo leader Mike Whitby also went inside for a period of time, he reported back to us about what happened.

At one point, Mike told BNP News, the female judge stated that the potential members of the jury must come back in and “assure us that they do not know any of those people over there” – pointing to Mike and our members in the public gallery.

Further to this, she also said that she would need assurances from each of them that no one in their family is connected in any way to the BNP.

Further to our members, there were two young local lads – in their twenties - who were also in the public gallery.

These local lads, angry at what is happening in their town, had earlier been chatting to our members outside of the court, but were not connected to the demo.

Mike reports that these two lads however, were removed from the gallery by police at the request of the judge, who said that she did not want them in “her court”.

It looks like the trial will last for about 4 weeks. There are 7 alleged paedophiles in this group currently in Court; 2 of the defendants were already remanded in custody, while the other 5 were all very cocky in their appearance and manner.

Our Truth Truck's cousin, the Truth Van, spent the day after Court driving around Burnley.

It was greeted with many cheers and countless thumbs up by the locals.

A BNPTV video of the day is online here: 

http://bnptv.org.uk/2012/06/flash-demo-burnley-crown-court/

more...
No comment yet.
Scooped by Nationalist Media Network
Scoop.it!

Investigation into Haslingden sexual assault continues

Investigation into Haslingden sexual assault continues | Race & Crime UK | Scoop.it

Published on Wednesday 29 August 2012

A 24-YEAR-OLD man, who was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault in Haslingden, has been released without charge.

Now police are continuing their investigation into the incident, which saw a 43-year-old woman get grabbed from behind on Sunday August 19th. The offence took place between 12-30am and 1am, when the woman was walking along Manchester Road.

She saw a man acting suspiciously, and as she turned into a back street near to Bank Mill Street and Hope Street she was grabbed from behind and sexually assaulted. The man then fled back in the direction of Manchester Road.

 

The man is described as Asian, aged around 20-years-old, with a slim build. He is believed to be around 5ft. 6in. tall, with short black hair.

 

Detective Inspector Marie Haworth from Burnley CID said: “I would appeal again to anybody that was in the area at the time of the offence that thinks they may have seen the offender or witnessed the incident to contact police.

“I would reassure people that incidents of this nature are rare and we have a team of detectives investigating.”

 

Anyone with any information should call Lancashire Police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

more...
No comment yet.
Scooped by Nationalist Media Network
Scoop.it!

Man jailed after Burnley sex assault

Man jailed after Burnley sex assault | Race & Crime UK | Scoop.it

A MAN, who sexually assaulted a woman on her way home on New Years Eve 2010, has been sentenced to 32 months imprisonment.
Tahmoor Abid Hussain, of Princess Street, Nelson, who was 19 at the time of the offence, appeared at Burnley Crown Court today (Wednesday 6 June) after pleading guilty to sexual assault by penetration at an earlier hearing.
Hussain approached the 28-year-old victim who was walking home alone around 8pm on Friday 31 December 2010 near to Gannow Top, Burnley.
He started speaking to her before pushing her to the ground and subjecting her to a 20 minute attack before she managed to escape.
PC Jane Gregson said: “This was a nasty, unprovoked attack on a young lady who was simply walking home.
“Hussain maintained his innocence throughout the case, insisting he was the victim of mistaken identity. However, following lengthy investigations and extensive evidence gathering, he finally admitted his involvement in this violent crime and will now have to face the consequences of his actions.
“Fortunately his guilty plea meant that his victim did not have to endure giving evidence in court.”

more...
No comment yet.