It’s no secret recruiters tap social media to find qualified candidates and engage with them, but how does their activity vary across different social media sites?
Take a look, in the infographic below created by Bullhorn, at the differences in how recruitersuse the “Top 3″ social networking sites and which ones are most effective for reaching candidates.
- Only 1% of recruiters use Twitter exclusively, but 19% use just LinkedIn and Twitter together, and 48% use just LinkedIn.
- 21% of recruiters look to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to find and interact with candidates.
- The average recruiter has 616 LinkedIn connections; 28% have 1,000+. Meanwhile, 75% of recruiters have 100 Twitter followers or fewer (although what really matters is how many peoplethey’re following).
- Twitter actually gets 1.9x more job views than Facebook, which makes sense with the proliferation of job openings-specific Twitter accounts.
- Twitter also gets 8.4x more job apps per contact than Facebook, and 2.8x more than LinkedIn.