Mobile has become the Most Easiest medium to get Online Nowadays. According to a Survey it is now cleared that more than 6 billion Mobile Users are now in World Wide and the Number will be increased rapidly. So, It is now very much important to have Mobile Optimized Website for your Online Promotion. It will Lead more Sales, generate more Traffic; specially help you to get niche in Local Business.
|Scooped by Shreyasi Ganguly|
Important Mantra to reach mobile Users
It is now very much important to have Mobile Optimized Website for your Online Promotion. It will Lead more Sales, generate more Traffic; specially help you to get niche in Local Business.
Before Going for Mobile Optimization, we should consider few Points:
- Usability is the Foremost Concern for Mobile Optimization[Site should have High Quality User Experienced Performance ]
- Building Mobile Website is totally different from Desktop website (Designing + Programming Concept)
- Mobile Web Users’ Activity is different
- Mobile Web Users’ Requirement is different
Debate on Different Site or Sub domain site Optimization for Mobile Device:
There is an ongoing debate on whether we should consider a sub domain for Mobile Version of an existing Desktop Website or we should consider same Desktop URL for Mobile Optimization. Say if we have www.abc.com we can either Optimized this URL or can create a Sub Domain www.m.abc.com for Mobile Optimization. Bing Search likes One Url which means to get Many Social Signals pointing to that Single url. But Google is predictable
Mobile Vs Desktop Seo:
- There is huge deference in Searching Point of view in Mobile Seo from the tradition Desktop SEO. In previous time we used to Search any information in Search Engines through typing the relevant Keywords or Search Query. But in Mobile, users are not bound to Search any information through typing any Key phrase. They can Search by using Google Goggles or Google Voice Search.
- Search Position is the Crucial Point in Mobile SEO. Top 3 Ranking position is the Everything in Mobile SEO.As Mobile web users doesn’t want to Scroll Down therefore 90% Conversion is made on the First Position.
- Faster Loading Speed is the Key Mantra of getting more users in your site. Mobile users irritate easily facing Bad Loading Site and will switch to your Competitors Site asap and there will be a high chance to lose Potential Customers of your Business.
- Length of the URL should be Less in Mobile version.
- Optimization should be Local base. In Mobile SEO Places /Areas –Locations are very much effective.
Similarity with Traditional Desktop SEO:
- Relevant Title Tag: This is the First thing noticed by the Mobile Web users while searching for their requirements. So its better to make the Page Title more Relevant with the Search query.
- Exact Page Description Tag: After the Title Tag, Meta Description is the Key Source which will attack the Mobile Users. Therefore we need to focus on delivering the relevant and premium Content to the Mobile Searcher.
- Clear Out Bound Links: All External Links should be cleared with Short Anchor text which will lead visitors to the relevant page. It will increase the Trust as well as a deeper user experience of the Users.
- Clean / Standard Coding: Clean Coding is an essential step toward Ranking in Mobile Search. Invalid Coding might lead your users to the Broken Pages and would be the cause of Lower Ranking. You do not want to show your users a Bad User Experience by showing them Broken Links. So your Site should be Valid with Slandered Coding Structure.
Consideration Mobile as a platform:
Informative Home Page: Mobile Users are searching for immediate Solutions for their need. So it’s better to show them what exactly they want to see. Like if I am the Owner of the Cafe Shop, it’s very much obvious that my users will find the Timing/Address/Any Discount rather than searching for the company’s History. So it is very much important to consider which part of Information’s should be featured on your Mobile HOME PAGE. It will avoid users forcing to hunt for the details they need.
Best User Experience: Mobile Website should have great User Experience as it leads huge number of traffic to your Site.
Mobile Centric CSS: This should activate when a site recognizes that it is being accessed by a mobile device. This then delivers a CSS version better appropriate to the device. WP Touch is a easy plugin you can use if WordPress is your platform.
Don’t Block Google Bot: Google Bot will explore your Doc type for indexing your site in Mobile Searches .So Always build your site using Compact HTML or XHTML Mobile. If Google bot fail to find your doc or in Worse case, you block Google Bot,mobile version of your site will not be indexed and will not show in Mobile searches.
Images Rendering: Mobile users like to see Images more than text. So its better to render Images in the Pages but have to go for percentage or Relative rather than Pixel or Absolute Scales.
Shorter Link Length: Long Length Urls are not good User Views in Mobile Devices. So its necessary to have the Link Length minimize.
Correct Call To Action Place: The greatest place to put Call to Action Button or Icon on the Top Left Side. If in Desktop Search there is no restriction to put these buttons but i Mobile there will be a change to get Cut off if we put those on the top Right Side.
Minimize the number of click through: Desktop Users are happy to click inbound links as they know it will reach them to the closest destination to their requirements. But in mobile SEO users don’t want to click more than Two Times.
Mobile Version Testing: Once your site is ready for Mobile, Its necessary to test it once using Mobile Testing Tools like MobiReady or Google’s GoMo. After that we should Valdidate with W3C mobileOK Validator for validation