Many businesses use the same strategies for their mobile marketing that they use in traditional marketing. They shouldn’t. Each campaign depends on appropriate segmentation for your vertical.
For example, a cosmetics company should focus primarily on women at specific ages, depending on the product. A shop that sells wheelchairs and hospital equipment probably shouldn’t be selling to healthy people. Gym memberships target adults rather that children. You get the general idea, right?
Strategic demographic segmentation helps companies choose their customers according to their need.
Focus on the customer
Here are some best practices for a mobile marketing campaign:
○ Keep the customer involved
○ Listen to customers: comments and criticisms are always constructive
○ Be willing to offer something to the customer
○ If the client requests, let them opt-out easily
○ Take every opportunity to socialize with the customer, be sure to notify them of promotions, discounts or offers;
○ Build lasting relationships with customers;...
Via Jeff Domansky