The buzz in 1-to-1 right now is about BYOD - Bring Your Own Device - and it's not a fad and it's not going away. There's a convergence of factors causing it including:
- Hardware is diverse and at price points that are more affordable
- Schools are hyper budget conscious
- The "cloud" (previously called The Internet, the Web and the Information Superhighway) is ideal for core apps which are free or inexpensive with such as Google (although be sure to use GAFE), and Zoho
- Parents are realizing that a digital device is necessary for learning
- Schools want to be sure students possess 21st Century skills
Utopian visions of learning are tempting, if for no other reason than they absolve us of accountability to create it right now, leading to nebulous romanticizing about how powerful learning could be if we just did more of X and Y.
Portal dedicated to kids, parents and teachers, offer stories, poems, games, activities, educational reference and much more. It's a fun zone, providing an informal learning center for children and families.
Gone are the days when planning and thinking were done mainly by pen and paper.Technology have made it pretty much easier to think in different other ways. Free mind mapping , brainstorming and concept mapping applications are ubiquitous online and more and more teachers are using them . The 21st century education is based , on a large part of it, on the visual output.
The benefits of graphic organizers in education
- Teachers can use graphic organizers to engage visual learners and help them organize their thoughts
- Graphic organizers help students make powerful connections between ideas and concepts
- They help students develop their convergent thinking by providing a framework for the development of new ideas through analysis, reflection and display.
- They also help students promote their divergent thinking by using such techniques as brianstorming to generate ideas.
- They can be used for developing vocabulary skills and improve reading, writing and communication skills.
- Students can easily learn new concepts and think in new novel ways using graphic organizers
- They help students focus on connections rather than words
- Finally , graphic organizers can help both teachers and students develop creative and critical thinking skills.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.