When grief turns into depression The News International Grief is a normal, healthy response to a significant loss, such as the death of a loved one or a divorce, but sometimes it may actually be depression.
Brush up on these 9 psychology principles to help improve the effectiveness of your marketing.
1) Reciprocity: Give away something -- for free -- to help build community or customer loyalty.
2) Commitments: Though you should never stop trying to delight your customers (per principle #1), it’s important to keep in mind that the longer the commitment they make to you, the harder it could be for them to churn.
3) Authority: Amp up your authority in your content by prominently featuring authors’ information alongside their blog posts, ebooks, whitepapers, or videos.
4) Social Proof: One easy way to make the most of social proof is on your blog -- if you're not already, use social sharing and follow buttons that display the number of followers your accounts have or the number of shares a piece of content has.
5) Liking: You just want people to feel positively affiliated with your brand. So however you make that happen, it's worth a try.
7) Recency Illusion: This is important to keep in mind when you’re designing marketing campaigns -- you should be aiming to develop robust, integrated campaigns, not just a one-and-done piece of content.
8) Verbatim Effect: you should try to pack as much relevant and descriptive information into your headline as you can.
9) Clustering: Do the legwork for your audience: group similar topics in your writing together -- either under numbered bullet points or with different header sizes.
Non-violent communication (NVC) is about being empathic, not only with others but with yourself. It can radically change how you think about yourself (you get to know why you feel a certain way) and how you feel when people say something to you.
First, you have to know that we live in a world of jackals. This is the term used by Marshall Rosenberg, the father of non-violent communication. Jackals communicate violently because they don't know how to do it better. Your mother could be a jackal too (sorry):
"Son, you never care about me."
This is the jackal way of saying: "Son, I feel sad because you cannot come to see me every weekend. I need to be around my children more frequently."
The first comment makes you feel bad because your mother is judging you, and you can take it as an attack. The second one expresses facts, feelings and needs. You cannot argue over these, they only encourage you to resolve the conflict.
One of the first signs of depression is a change in sleep habits. Either the person sleeps way too much hypersomnia or displays insomnia, lack of ..., Trenna Sue Hiler (Sleep and depression: Are they related?
Chronic stomach pain in kids linked to later anxiety NBCNews.com (blog) The researchers found that the most common diagnosis for the abdominal pain sufferers, both while young and after they were grown, was social anxiety disorder.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.