10 Reasons Visual Content will Dominate 2014 What marketing strategies will we focus on in 2014? What will we leave behind? This article takes a look at the rise of visual content - and why 2014 will dominate in 2014:
1. 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual. Visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text.
2. Videos on landing pages increase average page conversion rates by 86%.
3. Visual content is social-media-ready and social-media-friendly. It’s easily sharable and easily palatable.
4. Businesses who market with infographics grow in traffic an average of 12% more than those who don’t.
5. Posts with visuals receive 94% more page visits and engagement than those without.
6. 60% of consumers are more likely to click on a business whose images appear in search results.
7. Clear, detailed images carry more weight than product information or customer ratings say 67% of consumers.
8. Visuals show your products without telling people about them. This allows viewers to make their own decisions without feeling pressure from your business.
9. Visuals express ideas quickly - in a snapshot. This breaks through the overwhelming clutter of online content.
10. Visuals are becoming easier and easier to create as photo editing tools become more accessible
Setting up a new Twitter profile or Facebook Page can be a time-consuming process, especially when it comes to working out the sizes of all the images you need to make your channels – or those of your clients – stand out from the crowd.
And what about the other social platforms, like Pinterest and Google+? Wouldn’t it be great if somebody could put all of this information on a single page?
Earlier this year we looked at a very thorough social media sizing cheat sheet from those nice folks at LunaMetrics and now, not only have the team at LunaMetrics revamped the look of their graphic, they’ve also updated the content so that it now includes all the latest social media sizing information for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
See the infographic for all that essential sizing details...