When Facebook announced changes to its News Feed algorithm earlier this month, it promised to continually update its Facebook for Business page on all things News Feed. The newest installment, posted Friday, aims to clarify for page administrators how it determines which posts qualify as high-quality content.
Software Engineer Varun Kacholia shared some of the questions Facebook asked its users while working on changes to its News Feed algorithm:
- Is this timely and relevant content?
- Is this content from a source you would trust?
- Would you share it with friends or recommend it to others?
- Is the content genuinely interesting to you, or is it trying to game News Feed distribution (e.g., asking for people to like the content)?
- Would you call this a low-quality post or meme?
- Would you complain about seeing this content in your News Feed?