Having product reviews on a website can provide a dramatic boost in sales. Think about these facts for a second:
- According to iPerceptions, 63% of customers are more likely to make a purchase from a site that has user reviews.
- A study from the online video-review site EXPO found that reviews from consumers are trusted nearly 12 times more than descriptions that come from the manufacturer.
- 50 or more reviews for a product can provide a 4.6% increase in conversion rates according to Reevoo stats.
- Visitors who read consumer reviews have a 6% higher average order value than visitors who did not read reviews according to Bazaarvoice.
- ForeSee Results CEO Larry Freed says if a customer “leaves your site to look for reviews, they most likely won’t come back.”
It should be fairly easy for business owners to put themselves in the customer’s shoes because we’re all consumers too. When making a purchase, potential customers want to know what other consumers think about a business or product, and that’s exactly what makes reviews such a powerful tool. Sites like Yelp and Angie’s List were founded entirely due to the demand of people to find an unbiased review to products or services in which they are interested.