We love the Olympics, but an international social media showdown is a little more our speed.
Ignite Social Media is back with the 2012 Social Network Analysis Report, breaking down demographic, geographic and search data that shows which networks are the underdogs and which are mounting the winners’ podium.
Still haven’t gotten started on one of the fastest social media sites out there, Pinterest? Pin this — an infographic guide for marketers on how to get started with the service.
Tammy Katz 's insight:
Pinterest is great for brands and companies with highly visual, high involvement products and categories (think cooking, home decor, entertaiing) that target women with income < $75,000, above average social media involvement. More involved, higher purchasing levels than Facebook (for the RIGHT businesses).
Need social media help? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember (as always) to clarify your marketing objectives and strategies to LEAD your social media plan! Focus on the why, not the what. Some highlights: consumers check mobile devices 40-80 times per day; Pinterest leads stickiness, and 70% of questions posed to brands are going unanswered
Social media activity is an increasingly important factor in search rankings. It’s no secret that the search engine optimization landscape has changed dramatically and the factors that influence high SEO rankings have changed as well. The reality is the web is now highly social, and this dramatically changes search. With so many highly evolved social media platforms, it’s hard to decipher which platforms have the most impact on SEO (see also: The Difference Between SEO and SEM). In this article, we will dig into the world of modern SEO to see not just how social media affects search, but which social media platforms have the most impact on search optimization. Read More: http://www.business2community.com/seo/facebook-twitter-social-platform-affects-seo-0809055
Via Antonino Militello, Robin Martin
Samsung spent nearly $20 million on Oscar TV ads and part of its sponsorship included getting its Galaxy smartphone integrated into the show. The bet paid off when host Ellen DeGeneres used the phone to take a selfie that was retweeted nearly 3 million times.
Brand Guide To The Most Effective Social Media Platforms For Marketing [INFOGRAPHIC] (Brand Guide To The Most Effective Social Media Platforms For Marketing [INFOGRAPHIC] - AllTwitter http://t.co/EzTMpGh1KI...
"If you aren't optimizing your videos to match what people are searching, your videos are likely to get lost and not reach their intended audience. Without reaching their intended audience, they serve no purpose.
Use the following 12 valuable tips to get your video to reach the first page of Google and YouTube, but most importantly build visibility to a large niche audience that is interested in what you have to offer.
1. Content Quality Check: Ensure your videos are relevant, informative, and rich with content. Don't waste time producing videos that have nothing to do with your brand or service.
2. Title: Capture the potential viewer's attention with a catchy title that contains related key phrases that are relevant to your brand or service.
3. Tags: Optimize your video with important key phrases or keywords. Don't use complicated words or terminology that may not be common to the average person.
4. Description: Optimize your video's description with relevant keywords and include a keyword-rich description of your video to allow search engines to index it and rank it higher, and for users to better understand your video before viewing.
5. Links: Use video as a portal to other content on your site. Upload a couple of videos to portals like YouTube and Vimeo, and consider providing links back to related content and other relevant videos on your site.
6. Transcripts: Provide transcripts of your videos. Good old HTML content is still a favorite with search engines.
7. Length: Keep your video at five minutes or less. The average amount of time a user spends on a YouTube video is around 1 minute 30 seconds. If you have video content that is of long duration, consider breaking it up into smaller pieces and tagging each accordingly, to be more appealing to the viewer.
8. Video Sitemaps: Submit a video sitemap to Google to make sure that the search engine spiders can find your video content and index it accordingly. This is the easiest way for search engines to find your video content.
9. Branding: As video is a great way to generate brand awareness with prospects, take advantage of this opportunity to incorporate your brand and logos into your videos.
10. Embedding Options: Help your video go viral. Allow other users access to the coding that will allow them to embed your video on their website or blog. This can help gain valuable back links and shares that will boost your rankings in search engines.
11. Syndication: Submit your video to RSS feeds and syndicate your videos to drive exposure across various online platforms and to optimize your videos even more.
12. Share, Share, Share! Get on your social networks, look through your email contacts, write on your blogs, and get the hype going..."
Brand Marketers underspending on influencers, overspending on Facebook 'acquaintances.' Are you strategically identifying influencers? Do you have an influencer strategy? Are you measuring social media conversion (vs noise?)
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.