Excerpted from this interesting article on SEOmoz:
"In many ways, 2012 was the year search engine optimization (SEO) really grew up. Google left us with little choice. But we evolved as an industry, striving to build high-quality content and focus on adding as much value as possible for our users, readers, and customers.
There was a lot of pain along the way throughout this growth process, and many are still cleaning up from the aftermath.
If you want to win in 2013, you must commit to a solid long-term strategy. However, that’s not to say you can’t build small wins into your long-term strategy to assist in developing brand strength.
The only real way to beat the well-known online brands is to become one yourself.
The 96 tips are divided into several sections:
- Research and Analysis Wins;
- Google+ and Authorship Wins;
- Events and Sponsorship Wins;
- Content Strategy and Planning Wins;
- Relationship Building Wins;
- Content Production Wins;
- Comment Marketing Wins;
- Local Wins;
- Blogger Outreach Wins;
- Penguin and Panda Penalty Review Wins;
- On-Site Optimisation Wins;
- Productivity Wins;
- Link Removal Wins;
- Link Reclamation Wins;
- Competitive Analysis Wins;
- Public Relations Wins;
- Technical Wins;
- Analytics and Measurement Wins..."
Read full article about these 96 tips here: