Incredible masterminds groups call discussing how to find and leverage creative market niches and shares his strategies for Google domination. During this (Masterminds Groups - Niche Discovery and Search Engine Optimization!
Good discussion about use of Adwords Keyword tool to find niches. This talk is petty basic, but if you haven't mined for keyword niches or aren't sure how to do it take a listen. Here are tactics I use to find exploitable niches:
* Create a spreadsheet with keyword demand and documents returned.
* Divide the demand by the documents returned creating an "efficiency" number.
* Efficiency normalizes your data weighing competition against demand.
* Sort the sheet by the efficiency column (should be numbers like .0012 or .020).
* Determine what phrases are "Cost of Poker" phrases you must play in no matter how competitive and "blue ocean" terms that you may be able to achieve a page 1 listing.
* Write content for Poker and Blue Ocean terms.
Video discusses the tool Market Samuri. I use SEOmoz and SpyFu for much the same results.