- 35% of respondents feel social media presents a great opportunity for their business and uses it heavily
- 39% believe the use of social media is no longer an option, but rather a necessity
- 72% are planning to invest the same or more in social media in 2012 than they did last year
- 36% of Canadian executives feel that social media experience is at least as important as speaking a second language and having international work experience (32%) when recruitingfor new employees.
Executives are using social media to…
- 82% are personally using social media, with LinkedIn as the clear front runner among the channels.
- 39% of Canadian executives feel that social media may be beneficial in enhancing brand awareness.
- 17% of executives reported that gaining a deeper understanding of their customers was the main benefit of using social media.
- 21% believes recruitment of top talent as one of the benefits of using social media for a company.
- 5% think the main benefit of social media is the opportunity to monitor how a company’s brand is being perceived.