Creating a positive B2B customer experience requires:
1. C-level buy in, commitment and true actioning
Senior executives must stop simply saying that they are customer centric. Instead they need to ensure that their company both develops and implements a customer experience strategy.
2. Strong understanding of your business customers
Implementing an effective B2B customer experience also requires that your company has a very strong understanding in terms of:
- the context in which your product or service is used,
- where and how business customers interact with your company (often referred to as the customer touchpoints), and
- what are their expectations in terms of how they interact with you.
3. Develop a tailored B2B customer experience
All business customers are not equal. B2B customers will differ in terms of:
- the value of sales and profits they provide, and
- their behaviours, requirements and expectations.
Take a step back, critically look at your company and ask yourself:
- do we have a customer engagement strategy? Are we really implementing it?
- do we deliver a tailored customer experience or is it ‘one size fits all’?
- are we really keeping on the pulse as to our customers’ requirements?