The session was titled ‘Destroying the 7 Myths of B2B Social Media‘, and here are the 7 myths Jay Baer shared.
1. My Customers Don’t Use Social Media
2. Social Media Is Not Worth the Trouble
3. Social Media Doesn’t Apply to Our Business
4. If Nobody Tweets About Us, Then We Don’t Need Social Media
5. Having a Page=Having a Social Media Strategy
6. Social Is Just Marketing
7. Social Media is Not Measurable
- In 2010, consumers consumed 5.3 pieces of content before making a purchasing decision. In 2011, that number jumped to 10.4.
- 33% of B2B marketers have fully embraced social media marketing.
- B2B customers contact a sales rep after 60% of the purchasing decision has been made.