Fritz Schumacher was the Visionary Grand Father of Sustainable Energies in the 60s and 70s. His famous 1973 book has the Title: 'Small is Beautiful - A study of Economics as if People Mattered'. It is among the 100 most influential books published since World War II.
During this 1977 walk, shortly before his death, among the King Karri and Jarrah Eucalyptus of Western Australia, Fritz Schumacher shares his priceless and timeless messages for us all:
- 'A Tree is a 3D Solar Energy Collector';
- 'Where-ever there is an Opportunity of Planting a Tree, let's do it!';
- 'Modern Agriculture reduces the Vegetation to a Mono-culture and the Living Soil to Dead Soil';
- 'The Pine is not a Native Tree, so this is not a Forest, it is a Plantation, a kind of Timber Mine';
- 'If Newton had wondered how the Apple got to the top of the Tree, against all the laws of Gravity, we might have a different Physics'.
More recent information: