Business executives around the world say their understanding of the universe of strategic risk is changing. Our survey of 300 major international and 234 local companies reveals how.
- Strategic risk is an area of major focus: 81% of surveyed companies now have an explicit focus on managing strategic risks.
- Reputation is cited as the #1 risk – not just overall, but for most individual industry sectors.
- Strategic risk management is a CEO and board-level priority. Two thirds (67%) of the surveyed companies say the CEO, board or board risk committee has oversight when it comes to managing strategic risk.
- Technology enablers and disrupters, such as social, mobile, and big data, could threaten established business models, and 91% of companies surveyed have changed their business strategies since those technologies began to emerge.
- Human capital and innovation pipeline are expected to be the top strategic assets that businesses will need to invest in.
Via Bonnie Hohhof