1. The Andean Highlands is the second most popular tourist attraction.
2. The Pan-American Highway traverses the country from north to south, a spectacular route which passes through each of the principal cities of the Andean Highlands.
3. Two active volcanos are located inside of the Parque Nacional Sangay, a national park of exceptional magnificence which has been listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
4. The park is characterized by various landscapes, ranging from rain forests to glaciers, as well as numerous indigenous animal species, which include the mountain tapir and the Andean condor.
5. South of Quito, the region of Latacunga and Ambato has much fine scenery, marked by an avenue of volcanoes.
Via Jake Reese