Jennifer Griffin reports from Washington, D.C.
Click image to listen to video report with Fox News&Jennifer Griffin who received detailed information from US sources who survived the attack and were on the ground in Benghazi during the attacks.
From Fox News: Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. Consulate and subsequent attack several hours later was denied by U.S. officials -- who also told the CIA operators twice to "stand down" rather than help the ambassador's team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.
Former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods was part of a small team who was at the CIA annex about a mile from the U.S. Consulate where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team came under attack. When he and others heard the shots fired, they informed their higher-ups at the annex to tell them what they were hearing and requested permission to go to the consulate and help out. They were told to "stand down," according to sources familiar with the exchange. Soon after, they were again told to "stand down." Woods and at least two others ignored those orders and made their way to the Consulate which at that point was on fire. Shots were exchanged. The quick reaction force from the CIA annex evacuated those who remained at the Consulate and Sean Smith, who had been killed in the initial attack. They could not find the ambassador and returned to the CIA annex at about midnight.
At that point, they called again for military support and help because they were taking fire at the CIA safe house, or annex. The request was denied. There were no communications problems at the annex, according those present at the compound. The team was in constant radio contact with their headquarters. In fact, at least one member of the team was on the roof of the annex manning a heavy machine gun when mortars were fired at the CIA compound. The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Specter gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights. The fighting at the CIA annex went on for more than four hours -- enough time for any planes based in Sigonella Air base, just 480 miles away, to arrive. Fox News has also learned that two separate Tier One Special operations forces were told to wait, among them Delta Force operators.
Impeach&Imprison For Murder Obama,Hillary&Panetta:Report Contradicts Panetta's Claim of 'No Real-Time Intel'&Denied Three Requests for Backup During Attack!!
Glen Doherty&Tyrone Woods were not killed until 6 hours from the original attack on the consulate!!
Video/Audio:Father Of Navy SEAL Killed In Benghazi Says Obama Admin Pushing A "Pack Of Lies" http://sco.lt/5j5qVt
A Message To Obama From Rand Paul:Obama, Where the H-- Were the Marines? | http://sco.lt/5P0j3p
CBS Busts Obama--and Itself--in Benghazi Cover-Up:Obama admits premeditated attack targeted Americans http://sco.lt/4kqU9h
HILLARY GIGGLES AT REPORTERS – Still Not Sure What to Call the Terrorist Attack (Video) http://sco.lt/5vb1Np
State Department emails from day of Libya attack show Al Qaeda-tied group on radar&WH Notified! |http://sco.lt/8GyiiP
U.S. Officials Knew Within 24 hrs Libya Attacks Were Work of Al Qaeda Affiliates http://sco.lt/6X3h6v
Obama's History of Terrorism Cover-ups:Benghazi in Little Rock,Then Ft Hood Massacre&Now Libya | http://sco.lt/91NLSz
Tunisia says it has a 28-year-old Tunisian national in custody who is linked to the attack on the US consulate in Libya that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens, reports the AP. Details are sketchy, but the suspect has been identified as Ali Harzi. It's unclear exactly what role he played, but Eli Lake of the Daily Beast says Harzi posted about the attack on social media shortly after it began, drawing the attention of investigators. He reportedly fled to Turkey afterward, where he got picked up and handed over to Tunisia. One source tells Lake that Harzi belongs to "violent extremist networks."
What Really Happened in Libya&When Did the US Know?Special Report:'Death and Deceit in Benghazi'http://sco.lt/5vl0TJ
Leader Of Libya Attack Linked To Obama Donor;Only Eight Security Hired by State Dept&UK? http://sco.lt/86pN5t
Muslim Brotherhood forms political party in Libya based on Islamic Principles! http://sco.lt/8X7WDJ
Sept 20:Suspected Killer of US Ambassador Was Leader of US-Backed Libyan Rebel Forces & Former Gitmo Detaineehttp://sco.lt/6wPOGv
Report: Obama Can’t Decide Whether Or Not To Attack Benghazi Perpetrators Or Let Them Get Away With Ithttp://sco.lt/4w09U9
The security The State Dept did provide was outsourced to UK private security which hired Libyan rebels, armed with weapons supplied by the Obama admin to help remove&kill Gadaffi.
US Relied on Muslim Brotherhood for Benghazi Consulate Security | FrontPage Magazine http://sco.lt/6Cy4gr
State Dept has no comment on Sept. 12 CIA report that militants attack consulate http://sco.lt/89Tl8z
34 highly-trained security personnel moved out over a six month period from Libya http://sco.lt/8TQM53
Pentagon Islamic Adviser Reappears as Political Leader for Syrian Muslim Brotherhood-Dominated Group
Obama's Rules of Engagement Endangering our Law Enforcement and Military
State Department refuses to explain why member of jihad terror group visited White House
Leader of Ansar al-Sharia eludes capture, wanted for inciting unrest in Tunisia - http://sco.lt/60M83d