LBN Summation of Fox Special Report w/Bret Bair:
In the past year there have been over 230 security incidents in Libya. The increase in attacks and rise in Islamists continued months before the attack on the Benghazi consulate. LT Col Wood had a team of security and a mobile detachment team in Libya, but in August the State Dept removes the security team and Charlene Lamb denied the requests to send more security. She states it wasn't needed because they had been training and arming local Libyan's for a year and thought they would provide security??
LT Col Wood couldn't believe they removed security and denied sending additional security. He and his team left Libya in August and said he was concerned for Benghazi.
Amb Stevens arrived in Benghazi on Sept 10, 2012, for a day of meetings, he knew it was dangerous and he went anyway. Sept 11, 2012 a mob gathers in Cairo, Egypt and protest the supposed anti-Islam video. Later that night, Islamists attack the consulate in Benghazi and the media and Obama administration immediately seek to blame the video which had been out on Youtube two months before and was only seen by about 4,000 viewers.
At 7:30pm on Sept 11, 2012, Amb Stevens had his last meeting, walked with diplomats he met to the gate. There were no protests or demonstrations during this time. Amb Stevens was going to head to bed and by 9:40pm the group of attackers arrives to attack the consulate, torch buildings and cars. Eyewitnesses say they are well armed and organized with guns and the Islamic black flag. Charlene Lamb knew about the incident in real time¬ified agencies in DC. Special agents try to save the US Ambassador, but find themselves trapped in a room in the consulate, unable to escape because of the number of armed attackers surrounding them.
The attackers then ransack the main residence and the agents try to defend the Ambassador, but by this time Stevens and his security and Steven Smith were trapped, as the attackers set the building on fire.
The Obama admin continued to blame it on the obscure video for weeks, until they finally admitted it was a planned terrorist attack.
Obama continues to claim he called it an 'act of terror' the day after it happened, yet for two weeks he went around saying it was senseless violence because of the video mocking the pedophile prophet Mohammed. He and Hillary even made a video together and spent over $70,0000 of US tax dollars airing it on television in Pakistan. Then goes on 60 Minutes saying he expected 'bumps in the road' during his Presidency and doesn't admit his foreign policy and support of the 'Arab Spring' a mistake. The next day Obama flew to Vegas to campaign.
For two weeks the Obama administration blamed the attacks on the video, including Sec of State Clinton, UN Ambassador Rice, Obama and his spokesmouth Carney.
On Sept 19 the first official admission it was a terorrist attack was stated by a member of the intelligence dept during a Congressional investigation meeting. However, it wasn't until after this on October 13, 2012, three weeks after the attack, that Hillary Clinton finally took the blame for the lack of security. Then Obama finally admits the buck stops with him during the 2nd Presidential Debate this past week. Yet, Obama won't admit who was responsible for security and denying the request for additonal security.
Even as of last night, Obama won't admit that it was an Islamist terorr attack, but that it is still under investigation and as more details come in they will determine whether or not it was. He referenced the deaths of the Ambassador and three other Americans as 'not-optimal' while on the Daily Show. This callous remark has inflamed members of the victims family, calling it an insensitive remark.
Today it was revealed that the State Dept had received intel reports within 24hrs of the attack, stating it was a planned terrorist attack! The reports said:
The CIA found evidence of militant links a day after U.S. Consulate attack that killed Libyan ambassador
The CIA knew within 24 hours that there was evidence the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi was carried out by militants, not a mob upset over an anti-Islam video
What's hypocritical, the Obama admin/State Dept had no problem condemning the bombing in Beirut today as a terrorist attack...yet they play word games and run from the word terrorism when it comes to an attack on Americans!
Report: Obama Can’t Decide Whether Or Not To Attack Benghazi Perpetrators Or Let Them Get Away With It http://sco.lt/4w09U9
The security The State Dept did provide was outsourced to UK private security which hired Libyan rebels, armed with weapons supplied by the Obama admin to help remove&kill Gadaffi.
State Dept has no comment on Sept. 12 CIA report that militants attack consulate http://sco.lt/89Tl8z
34 highly-trained security personnel moved out over a six month period from Libya http://sco.lt/8TQM53