Build engaged audiences through publishing by curation.
Sign up with Facebook
Sign up with Twitter
Sign up with Linkedin
I don't have a Facebook, a Twitter or a LinkedIn account
Start a free trial of Scoop.it Business
Technology can open doors, expand minds, and change the world. That may be true, but it's not the panacea that it's been made out to be. As much innovation as the iPad may bring to the classroom, it's not going to replace a teacher anytime soon.
Are you sure you want to delete this scoop?
So yes, technology is going to play a critical role in the future of education. But not as big a role as that of a teacher.
Indeed - good teachers are going to become even more valuablem not less.
Absolutely true. Technology is another way to present material which needs to be learned. Learners will always need someone to explain information found on the iPad in the same way they do with books.
So you now you have an iPad, what can you do with it? To get you started, here's some of the useful apps and tools that would be useful to you as a teacher.
Can you imagine a school where every facet of life uses technology? Let's take a look at what a totally technology-centric school might actually look like! (What Does A Totally Technology-Centric School Look Like?
And are they accepting job applications?? ;)
Technology plays a primary role in my teaching, but I rarely turn on the computer that makes the classroom “smart.” Occasionally, I project the class tweet stream. I am an advocate of Twitter for higher ed.
Tecnologías aplicadas a la educación Jordi Adell
Reiterando lo mucho que hay que sembrar en el escenario digital:
Excelente, sin desperdicio!
Students love new technologies in classroom. Teachers can know how technology can make a classroom engaging.
Recently, I've been noticing that a lot of instructors are under the impression that they are successfully integrating technology, when in fact they are simply using technology. Although this might...
Diferencias entre el simple uso de la tecnología y la integración de la tecnología dentro de la clase.
Usar la tecnología
1. El uso de la tecnología es al azar, arbitrario y sin pensar.
2. Su presencia dentro del salón de clases es muy raro y se usa muy poco.
3. Solo se usa por el hecho de usarla.
4. Se usa para instruir a los alumnos sobre el contenido.
5. Es usada por el profesor la mayoría del tiempo.
6. Se centra solo en el uso de tecnologías.
7. El tiempo instruccional se ocupa en enseñar cómo usar la herramienta tecnológica.
8. Se usa para completar tareas de bajo nivel de pensamiento.
9. Es usada por los individuos para trabajar solos.
10. Se utiliza para facilitar tareas que se pueden hacer sin tecnología.
11. Se usa para presentar información.
12. La tecnología se encuentra de manera periférica a la actividad de aprendizaje.
Integrar la tecnología
1. Su uso es planeado y con un propósito.
2. Es parte de la rutina del salón de clases.
3. Se utiliza para apoyar el programa y objetivos de clase.
4. Se usa para que los estudiantes se involucren en la clase.
5. Es usada por los alumnos la mayor parte del tiempo.
6. Se centra en su uso para la creación y desarrollo de procesos de pensamiento.
7. Se emplea más tiempo usando la tecnología para aprender.
8. Se utiliza para apoyar destrezas de pensamiento de orden alto.
9. Se utiliza para facilitar la colaboración dentro y fuera del salón de clases.
10. Se utiliza para facilitar actividades que serian de otra manera muy difícil o imposible.
11. Se utiliza para la construcción y desarrollo de conocimiento.
12. La tecnología es esencial para la actividad de aprendizaje.
There is a big difference...excellent article!
What's the Difference Between "Using Technology" and "Technology Integration"?
We've gone through hundreds of resources to assemble these guides which are meant to help you learn, teach, and share as much as possible.
Pierre Levy is the best ! "I try to teach economic communication , than you save time...this will be useful."... Great !
-¿Hace falta un sexto sentido para usar las TIC en el aula?
- No, lo que hace falta es otro sentido... el sentido común.
Even though many teachers think that they know about 'some' technology, they probably wouldn't consider themselves enough of a tech geek to become an edtech specialist.
"For a limited time, the Kindle (e-book) version of Invent to Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom http://amzn.to/1529LDo ; is FREE! Read the book leading technology journalist Larry Magid called "the bible of the Maker Movement in schools". From Wednesday, September 18 through Friday, September 20, 2013 the Kindle version of Invent to Learn will be free. (Start and end times are approximately midnight Pacific time.) Don't delay, don't miss out! Three days only!"
teaching, learning, educational technology, school libraries, librarians, school librarians, education, school
The Impact of Technology on Curiosity Curiosity is the “complex feeling and cognition that accompanies a desire to learn what is unknown,” according to Min Jeong Kang and fellow researchers in a 2009 study.
The best education technologies (EdTech) enables teachers to do more with fewer resources in order to create a dynamic environment of teaching and learning in the classroom.
High school dropout turned Harvard faculty talks about how a simple new way of thinking helps nurture individual potential. L. Todd Rose is co-founder and pr...
A great start to this presentation - all teachers will enjoy the message
Great talk...4% of High school dropouts are said to be intellectually gifted.
What Technology Does To Learning: An Analogy Here’s an analogy to help understand the potential of technology in learning. It’s a bit clumsy, but bear with me. Imagine a teacher like an employee at a...
Interactive tools and multimedia content are prompting teachers to take on more of a coaching or guiding role in the classroom.
There are some major education technology trends that are disrupting the current education model. Here's the breakdown.
Zöe Handley discusses the question of whether technology in the classroom is a new trend or not. Zöe is an OUP Research Fellow in Applied Linguistics at the ...
If you're looking to harness the power of education technology, you should probably know what it means to be a digital teacher in a modern classroom.
A technology and education entrepreneur gazes into the future of the classroom