"Digital storytelling, the practice of combining narrative with digital content, is gaining more ground in the educational field.Many schools and educational centres all around the globe are including learning method in their curriculums and the results are really promising : more of students engagement and a bigger degree of motivation."
For Common Core resources, teacher videos, strategies and lesson plans, go to Teaching Channel. Find great ideas and strategies in classroom teaching videos covering Math, Science, English, History and more.
Edutopia KQED Mind/Shift Getting Smart PBS MediaShift Education The Principal of Change Around the Corner
2. Get Tweeting (e.g. these recommended tweeters) George Couros- @gcouros Nicholas Provenzano- @thenerdyteacher Richard Byrne- @rmbyrne David Andrade- @daveandcori Jason Markey- @jmarkeyap Annie Murphy Paul- @anniemurphypaul
3. Get Watching (recommended webinars) Let’s Share Ideas! EdTech Webinars: Access over 15 webinars by your peers on 1:1 computing, interactive learning, engagement, collaboration and more EdTech Teacher Webinar Archives eSchool News Webinars Education Week Webinars Tech & Learning Webinars
4. Get Moving (recommended events) ASB Un-Plugged- January 2014, Mumbai ISTE- June 2013, San Antonio, TX TCEA- January 2013, Austin, TX Iowa 1:1- April 2013, Des Moines, IA Lausanne Laptop Institute- July 2013, Memphis, TN TeachMeets- Regional, locally organized un-conferences EdCamps- Regional, locally organized events
5. Get Talking
Ask other educators in your district what they are hearing in the EdTech world. What are their favorite resources to reference? Now prepare to share. Initiate EdTech “Lunch and Learns” to share pedagogical ideas and successes and spread encouragement for innovative technology integration. Highlight an Educator of the Month achieving excellence in curriculum-based technology integration. Start your own blog to chronicle these journeys
Google Docs is a user friendly suite of online collaborative tools that come with tremendous potential for use in the classroom. I have spent some time discovering innovative ways to use them as effective tools for learning.
[Excerpt]: "This page allows you to easily type phonetic transcriptions of English words in the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA). You can edit your text in the box and then copy it to your document, e-mail message, etc."
"In a perfect world, here’s how I determine which of these hundreds (thousands?) of tools are student-ready:
• I try it myself. Does it work easily and as promised? Is it intuitive? Are there intrusive ads that will distract students as they work through the steps?
• Next, I query my social networks. Have my fellow tech teachers had success with this tool? What problems did they run into? Is it stable? If my e-colleagues find the glamour is only skin deep, I move on.
If a tool passes these two tests, I try it in class. Since I teach over 430 students every week, that’s the true barometer. If a program survives the hands-on grade-level labor of dozens of students, if they can create a project that supports their learning in new creative ways and still have fun, I’ve found a good tool."
"It seems that new mind mapping tools and software are created daily. There are so many tools that are similar in their design and performance that one may question the rationale for making more and more new applications but for the customers it means a wider choice, a possibility of finding a tool that suits your needs best. A mind map is an indispensable learning tool for visual learners. [ ...] I would like to share some of the ways how I use mind maps with my students."
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.