"...you need to focus only on the items that add the most value to your organization. In general, these are the things that you, and only you, are capable of doing."
Five Steps to Effectively Delegate
1. Identify the Right Person for Delegation
2. Clearly Define the Project
3. Discuss the Plan of Action or How the Task Can Be Accomplished
4. Have Them Repeat Back the Plan
5. Monitor Progress and Provide Feedback (Longer-Term Tasks)
"You must also accept that many delegated tasks may not get done as well as if you did them yourself. Although this isn’t acceptable for some areas of your business (e.g., providing a service to a customer), for others (e.g., reordering supplies, completing paperwork), good enough is good enough.
Effective delegation makes you replaceable, and although it sounds a bit strange, this is what you want. It allows you to spend time growing--rather than simply maintaining--your business. You can spend less time working and take real vacations. It also makes your business attractive to buyers, which is particularly important if your end vision is to sell your company."
Read more on this Fast Company article.