Palazzo Parisani Bezzi is one of the most important historical buildings in Tolentino, dating from the late seventeenth century, but certainly rebuilt over an older construction. The actual Parisani family, one of the oldest and most illustrious in Tolentino, is documented from the beginning of the fourteenth century. Also called Palazzo della Pace, in February 1797 the mansion hosted the Italian army's General Staff, commanded by General Bonaparte, and the Treaty of Tolentino between France and Pope Pius VI was signed there. With this treaty, the defeated pope agreed to dismiss the Austrian pontifical army and pay large sums of war indemnity, yielding to France, among other things, the legations of Bologna, Ferrara, Ravenna and Forli. This historic event took place on the first floor and part of the actual furniture is still present A stateroom leads into a corridor, where Napoleon's rooms are to be found on the left side. First there is a sitting room with a ceiling finely decorated with faux marble. The upper walls are finished with a frieze of bearings and floral motifs. The room next door is where the treaty was signed by Napoleon and Papal State representatives. Here there are two lavish consoles, a large mirror, the table where the treaty was signed, original yellow-gold damask draperies; the rafters have wood panel finishes with floral motifs, while the strip beneath shows biblical scenes surrounded by garlands, cherubs and scrolls. Next is the bedroom used by Napoleon, at the time finished in red damask and with a massive four-poster bed. Lastly, there is a washroom with lavish decorations of ribbons, flower garlands and allegorical figures, all reminiscent of a garden pavilion. The chapel also has sumptuously painted walls, but no furniture.