A few amazing facts about Le Marche.....
- 180 km of coastline
- 500 piazzas
- 1000 important monuments
- 34 archeological sites
- 315 antique libraries
- 72 historic theatres
- 200 churches many Romanesque
- 183 religious shrines
- 342 museums and galleries
- Stunning national parks (Monti Sibillini, Gran Sasso and Monti della Laga),
- 4 regional parks (Conero, Sasso Simone, Simoncello, Monte San Bartolo, Gola della Rossa, Grotte di Frasassi),
- 5 nature reserves (Abbadia di Fiastra, Gola del Furlo, Montagna di Torricchio, Ripa Bianca and Sentina),
- 26 cities facing the Adriatic Sea
Ok the above are just numbers - but you have to admit its an impressive list! But as the locals say, that to taste the
region a visitor needs only 5 things – his own senses. Tucked between the Adriatic Sea and the apennine mountain range the region can be visited and enjoyed during all seasons.
In the summer, le Marche offers some of the finest white sand beaches of the entire Mediterranean basin. A shallow sea level makes its coastline the perfect spot for sun worshippers and beach lovers.
Wintertime offers sports activities on the peaks of the Apennines, with alpine and Nordic skiing for all levels. In the fall, the hills, the region’s most prominent feature, are covered with olive trees and vineyards that produce excellent
olive oil and many notable wines.
Small towns, rich with history and each with its unique architectural style, offer excellent accommodations in perfectly restored farmhouses, villas, castles and monasteries. Mix everything with an exclusive local cuisine and you have found the perfect spot for your next vacation to Italy.