VANCOUVER: The second of Cibo’s monthly regional dinners continues on April 25 with a menu from Italy’s central Le Marche region. Alongside Tuscany and Umbria, Le Marche is one of the last outposts of this beautiful region that has not been overrun by tourism. Here, time truly has stood still and a taste of the real Italy can be found in cooking rooted in peasant tradition. Natural beauty from mountainous hilltops to the Mediterranean Sea with a wide range of indigenous bounty is the perfect backdrop for dishes just like “nonna – grandmother” made. Executive Chef Neil Taylor’s menu includes:
- Olive all'Ascolana - Deep fried stuffed olive
- Vongole al pomodoro - Manila clams with tomato, white wine, rosemary, chili and lemon zest
- Cappelletti alla Pesarese - Tortellini stuffed with chicken, pork, bone marrow and nutmeg served in brodo
- Coniglio in Porchetta -Roast rabbit “porchetta style” with cardoon gratin and roasting juices
- Torta della Nonna - Ricotta cake, chocolate, citrus and pine nuts.
For $48/person, not including tax or gratuity. Wine pairings will also be available with each course for an extra charge.