If you can’t find sausage in casing, slice & chop up sausage so the pieces mix in well – you don’t want giant rounds of sausage in this dish, which should have uniform bites and should just cling together.
Ingredients - Serves 3-4.
- 300g (10oz) pork sausage (in casing)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 300g (10oz) champignon mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- Homemade vegetable broth, about 1 liter (4 cups) — recipe below
- 250g Arborio (short grain) rice
- White wine
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (optional)