In the Marche Region has always been very widespread use Evoo in Pastry.
Some examples are Crescia Fogliata, the famous Ciambellone, what it is not common is to use the better quality Olive oil for those preparations. The Azienda del Carmine near Ancona produces one of the most prized olive oil of Italy and what they propose is to try a fresh pressed one in a seasonal recipe as the Halloween Biscuits.
- 120 g of sugar
- 370 g flour
- 105 g of Extra Virgin Olive Oil "Azienda Del Carmine"
- Grated lemon zest
- 1 whole egg and 1 egg white
- First combine sugar and eggs. In a second moment, mix flour and oil and finally the lemon zest. Knead gently until the dough is smooth and soft
- pull the dough with a rolling pin to get a layer of about 0.5 cm and mixing with the molds
- Bake in a hot oven (190/200 ° C) for 15 minutes
And here the biscuits ready for the Halloween Party.