"In London, at the UCL Language Centre, the participants of the workshop "Using Facebook for (language) learning" worked all day ( 12-5) on producing practical language immersion techniques to include as activities within FaceBook" says Julien Hamilton-Hart, who maintains a blog called Innovation in Language Teaching and Learning (http://iltl.wordpress.com).
He describes activities including:
- Creating a fictitious character’s profile
- Describing a family outing using YouTube videos
- Creating sub-pages to act as content repository pages to a course
- Using polled questions to promote inquisitive learning
- Using Dropbox to create links to activity filesUsing shared Google documents for activity preparation
- Creating a commented video from photos downloaded from the internet using Windows Movie Maker 2.6.
Via Shona Whyte