Excerpt from the article:
These 8 simple questions will kick start your writing and guide you through the process of crafting high impact landing page copy that converts.
The questions are divided into two groups:
Group A > Before you start writing your first draft
Group B > After you’ve written your first draft.
Group A: questions to ask yourself before you start writing your first draft:
1. “What’s the purpose of my landing page?”
Define one clear goal for your landing page – one specific measurable action you want your prospects to execute – and focus your landing page copy on building momentum for that one action.
2. “What, precisely, am I offering my prospects?”
Make sure you understand all the aspects of the offer your presenting – every feature, benefit, selling point, term, and condition – before you even start writing a single word.
3. “How will my prospects benefit from what I’m offering them?”
Take the time to write all the features and benefits down and make a prioritized list based on what you know about your target audience.
4. “What do my prospects need to know in order to accept my offer?”
The better you know your target audience and understand their motivations and barriers, the easier it will be for you to give them the right information.
Group B: questions to ask yourself after you’re done writing your first draft:
1. “Have I given my prospects a good reason to accept my offer?”
Read your copy and make sure that you’ve covered the most important selling points, features and benefits.
2. “Have I summarized the strongest selling point/points in the title?”
Your title is the most prominent part of your landing page. Moreover, it’s the one part of your copy you can be 99.9% sure your prospects will read.
3. “Is there anything I can leave out?”
The more specific and targeted your landing page is, the better. So go through your copy, look for redundant passages and edit ruthlessly.
4. “Will the design support the copy?”
Make sure that both copy and design support each other and the goal of your landing page.
Curated by Agostino Caniato:
Read the full article here > http://blog.kissmetrics.com/high-impact-landing-copy/