The Council of American-Islamic Relations published a press release on Thursday entitled CAIR Asks Romney to Explain Meeting with Infamous Islamophobe. CAIR press releases typically serve as an official announcement of their intent to initiate a Jihad. This particular Jihad targets Mitt Romney for meeting with "Islamophobe" Lt. Gen. (Ret) Jerry Boykin.
I've witnessed CAIR wage Jihad many times. The progression of political pressure usually goes something like the following. CAIR issues a press release that lays out their manufactured grievance. Within a day or two of the press release, a video that complains about "bigotry" and "Islamophobia" is uploaded to CAIR’s YouTube channel. With CAIR's propaganda video and press release in hand, leftist sites like HuffPo and Salon jump into the mix (if they hadn't already jumped in earlier) and back the Islamists. As the Islamo-propaganda begins to have the desired effect, CAIR will often call a press conference in hopes of drawing a crowd to report on their contrived complaints. In addition to the public deception conferences, CAIR representatives are frequently interviewed about their artificial gripes by the Iranian propaganda network PressTV--and regularly offered time to spew their lies on American TV networks. Typically, the net result of CAIR's effort is enough political pressure to force a response from the target of their Jihad. Usually, the response is an apology, some butt kissing, and a promise of future appeasement.
Like so many others, I have been nothing short of horrified by how woefully inept the Romney campaign has been at handling attacks. I am quite concerned the campaign is going to botch the hell out of this one. So, if anyone reading this happens to have connections to the Romney campaign, please relay the following strategic advice.
The worst possible thing Romney could do is fall into the trap of accidently validating the false premise of "Islamophobia". If he validates the pretend hate crime, he will be screwed.
In addition to making absolutely certain not to reinforce the Islamophobia straw man, Romney would be best served by making a point of not answering any questions or accusations from Islamists. Even just starting down the road of trying to defend himself could allow CAIR an opening to ruin him.
Instead of allowing himself to be put on defense, his best play is to immediately go on offense and thrash CAIR for things like:
- FBI cutting ties with them over terror support
- Having a founder who said he supports Hamas
- Being listed as an unindicted co-conspirator in the largest terror funding trial in US history
The fundamental strategic principle Romney needs to adopt: Since the very last thing CAIR wants is for him to react by making a scene all over national media about their links to Islamic terrorism and the Muslim Brotherhood--that's exactly what he should do.
[CAIR Press Release]
Muslim rights group questions why candidate willing to hold private meeting with anti-Muslim extremist
WASHINGTON, Aug. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today called on presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney to clarify his decision to meet privately with a key figure in the Islamophobia movement, retired Lieutenant General William G. “Jerry” Boykin.
SEE: Romney Met with Anti-Muslim Activist, Backers of Bachmann Witch Hunt
Jerry Boykin: Romney’s Anti-Muslim General (Salon)
Romney Held Private Denver Meeting with Dobson, Bauer (Politico)
Boykin asserts that “[Islam] should not be protected under the First Amendment,” that there should be “no mosques in America” and that there can be no interfaith dialogue or cooperation between Muslims and Christians. In 2003, President Bush rebuked Boykin for his anti-Muslim stance.
Earlier this year, Boykin’s extreme viewpoints resulted in him withdrawing from a prayer breakfast at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. CAIR and VoteVets.org, a coalition of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans, had both asked the academy to retract the invitation because of Boykin’s Islamophobic views.
“Romney would rightfully never meet with an anti-Semite or white supremacist, so why would he meet with an infamous Islamophobe?” said CAIR National Legislative Director Corey Saylor.
Saylor added that Boykin’s extremist views are well-documented and called on the Romney campaign to explain either why Boykin was not vetted or why a decision was made to have the candidate meet with a key figure in the domestic Islamophobia movement.
CAIR has been challenging Boykin’s un-American bigotry for a number of years.
CAIR and People For the American Way objected to a speech Boykin gave to a mayor’s prayer breakfast in Maryland. Hundreds of people contacted city officials to protest Boykin’s appearance.
CAIR last year asked Romney to drop Walid Phares, a newly-appointed advisor on Middle East affairs, because he is a “former official” of a group implicated in the 1982 massacre of civilian men, women and children at the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps in Lebanon.
SEE: CAIR Letter to Romney About Walid Phares
- Andrew McCarthy: My Speech on the MB
- The Abedin Family’s Pro-Jihadist Journal
- Bachmann, King & anti-Sharia campaigns
- Egyptian Sociologist: MB Most Dangerous Islamists
- Huma Abedin and Form 86
- Congressman Ellison continues lying
- Michele Bachmann: Beware of Radical Islam
- GOP leaders ignorant of MB's American influence
- Why Is the Pentagon listening to Hamas-Linked CAIR?
- FBI, DOJ sued for info on Mueller’s secret meeting
- In Egypt, Panetta Declares Support for Islamofascism
- American Islamist groups shape Arab revolutions
- Rep Gohmert on MB letters, DHS, & terrorists in the WH
- (Video) Backing up Bachmann & Beck
- CAIR's Information Momentum Warfare
- CAIR targets former CIA spy Reza Kahlili
- (Video) Blasphemy laws coming to America
- CAIR targets law enforcement and Sam Kharoba
- (Video) Re: CAIR's Jihad against the SEALs
- FBI Tracking 100 Suspected Jihadis in US Military
- Quebec: Islamophobia activist charged with terrorism
- ICNA Launches Campaign to Indoctrinate Americans
- OIC TV Channel to Counter Islamophobia
- California Gets Its First Jihadist Judge
- CAIR: Anti-Muslim Rhetoric Echoes Nazi Rhetoric
- US & MB Sponsored "Islamophobia" Workshop
- (Map) Stealth Jihad from Coast to Coast