(JTA) -- A British-born Muslim woman has been found guilty of helping her husband plan a terrorist attack against Jews in an attempt to carry out “jihad at home.”
Shasta Khan, 38, A British-born Muslim denied being involved with Mohammed Sajid Khan's plans to attack the Jewish community in Bury, the BBC reported Thursday. She reportedly told the jury that she had no involvement in terrorism or any of her husband’s activities.
Police found terror-related materials including beheading videos, propaganda glorifying Osama bin Laden, and bomb-making guides at her home after being called to a domestic dispute at the couple's home in Oldham last July.
A jury at Manchester Crown Court found her guilty of acquiring substances, equipment and information of use in making explosives and assembling an improvised explosive device. She was also convicted of two counts of possessing information likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing for an act of terrorism in relation to computer files. She was cleared of a possession charge in relation to a document titled "39 Ways to Serve and Participate in Jihad," reported The Press Association.
The couple reportedly scouted out Jewish areas around Greater Manchester.
Her husband pleaded guilty at an earlier hearing to engaging in conduct in preparation for acts of terrorism. Both will be sentenced on Friday.
- (Video) Egyptian activist compares Islamism to Nazism
- (Video) "Peaceful" Muslim Women
- Bulgaria: Nature of Contemporary Terrorism
- Islamophobia activist charged with terrorism
- Terrorists Target EDL Demonstration
- UK: 7 held in anti-terror raids
- 6 arrested in UK terror raid near Olympic Stadium
- Dearborn Muslim Arraigned in Attack on Preachers
- France: “Big Coup” Bust of Key Al-Qaeda Enabler
- British 7/7 bomber widow: Jihad is an obligation
- Al-Qaeda trains native Norwegian to attack West
- FBI Tracking 100 Suspected Jihadis in US Military
- Al-Qaeda in Yemen advertises for Western recruits
- Al-Qaeda: Wage jihad at home, not in Yemen
- The Long-Delayed Trail of Ft. Hood Terrorist
- Naser Abdo: A lesson in "Peaceful" Muslims
- 2011 Pew Survey of Muslims in America