Effective administrators: balance management with leadership; envision the ideal, but focus on the doable; act as a representative for the missing voice; listen and interpret; reflect constantly; plan for your own departure; and, improving student learning is our sole guiding principle.
If you're a woman who wants to start your own business, read the following top 10 traits that will make a successful entrepreneur:
Self-belief is probably the single most important trait possessed by any successful entrepreneur. In the words of Mary Kay Ash who founded Mary Kay Cosmetics: "If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right."
You have to really want something if you're going to succeed. And you should never settle for second best. Always aim for the top.
Confidence is essential if you want to win clients and build a profitable business. Confidence will win people's respect, earn their trust and gain you a solid reputation.
Successful female entrepreneurs are always passionate about what they do because they tend to create businesses around the things they enjoy. Find your own passion, believe in it and turn it into something great.
5.) Humility and a readiness to continuous learning
Successful female entrepreneurs work hard to learn and improve all the time. They read books, go to workshops and are willing to learn from others.
And they are humble. They admit frankly that they don't know everything and will always strive to boost their skills.
6.) Sense of purpose
To be a successful female entrepreneur you have to believe in yourself and believe that what you are doing is really making a difference. That strong sense of purpose will be reflected in your business.
To be a successful businesswoman you have to be assertive, that people will respect you. Convey assertiveness by being fearless, speaking with authority and purpose. Adopt a confident manner, deal with any criticism rationally and be calm, cool and considered.
8.) Hard work
In the end, hard work is the true, enduring characteristic of successful people.
Whether you're a man or woman, it takes guts to run a business. You have to constantly push yourself out of your comfort zone to move forward, boost confidence and succeed.
To be a successful businesswoman, you have to be persistent and never give up.
My favourite points are number 5.) and 6.) .. being humble, being ready to continuous learning and trying to make a difference with our work.
Leadership is learned behavior that becomes unconscious and automatic over time. The process of making decisions comes from an accumulation of experiences. The most successful leaders are instinctual decision makers. They become immune to the pressure associated with decision making and extremely intuitive about the process of making the most strategic and best decisions.
Here 15 things most successful leaders do automatically:
1. Make Others Feel Safe to Speak Up 2. Make Decisions 3. Communicate Expectations 4. Challenge People to Think 5. Be Accountable to Others 6. Lead by Example 7. Measure & Reward Performance 8. Provide Continuous Feedback 9. Properly Allocate and Deploy Talent 10. Ask Questions, Seek Counsel 11. Problem Solve; Avoid Procrastination 12. Positive Energy & Attitude 13. Be a Great Teacher 14. Invest in Relationships 15. Genuinely Enjoy Responsibilities
Leadership is a lifelong learning process. A good leader always looks for possibilities and ways to improve. He who thinks is perfect will fail.
Here some lessons and quotes from 10 of the very best business men and women.
1. Foster Teamwork
The leaders who work most effectively, it seems to me, never say ‘I.’ And that’s not because they have trained themselves not to say ‘I.’ They don’t think ‘I.’ They think ‘we’; they think ‘team.’ They understand their job to be to make the team function. They accept responsibility and don’t sidestep it, but ‘we’ gets the credit.This is what creates trust what enables you to get the task done. ~ Peter Drucker, Management Consultant
2. Encourage Growth in Others
Great leaders love to see people grow. The day you are afraid of them being better than you is the day you fail as a leader. ~ Jack Welch,
3. Boost Employee Self-Esteem
Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of theirpersonnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they canaccomplish. ~ Sam Walton, Founder of Wal-Mart
4. Take Care of People
Really in technology, it’s about the people, getting the best people, retaining them, nurturing a creative environment and helping to find a way to innovate. ~ Marissa Mayer, Former Google Executive and Current CEO of Yahoo!
5. Coordinate, Aim for a Goal
Of all the things I’ve done, the most vital is coordinating those who work with me and aiming their efforts at a certain goal. ~ Walt Disney, Co-Founder of The Walt Disney Company
6. Be Willing to be Misunderstood
Inventing and pioneering requires a willingness to be misunderstood for long periods of time. ~ Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO of Amazon
7. Get People to Follow You
You earn leadership by what Anne Mulcahy calls “followership.”
I think sometimes we forget that we’re not actually anointed leaders, we actually have to earn it and we have to have people that trust us and are willing to follow. I think that really is the differentiator between great leadership and average leadership. ~ Anne Mulcahy, Former Chairman and CEO of Xerox Corporation
8. Inspire People
Leadership is getting people to work for you when they are not obligated. ~ Fred Smith, Founder and CEO of FedEx
9. Understand Reality and Give Hope
The role of the leader is to define reality and give hope… ~ Ken Chenault, CEO of American Express
10. Be a Good Listener
To be a good leader you have to be a great listener. Brilliant ideas can spring from the most unlikely places, so you should always keep your ears open for some shrewd advice. ~ Richard Branson, Chairman of Virgin Group
There are many leaders that stand out as figures to learn from and emulate. Just to name a few would include Coach John Wooden, social and political figures like Martin Luther King Jr. or Nelson Mandela, and business visionaries like Walt Disney or Steve Jobs.
It’s truly amazing what all of these people have done in their life.
Here some inspirations for good leadership:
1. Be available Be open to engage with others and respond to their needs. As you become a more respected leader you will be sought out for advice and guidance.
2. Promote participation A great leader holds people accountable and promotes engagement from others. Leadership is about taking action and initiative ourselves, but also inspire other people.
3. Build effective relationships Ultimately leadership is about the relationships you build - relationships built on trust, respect, and empowermen.
4. Provide feedback Providing people immediate feedback is a powerful way to modify behavior. As a leader, feedback must be presented as a positive learning experience.
5. Allow mistakes A leader can’t expect perfection and needs to allow their people to fail and try new options.
6. Be a role model People look to a leader as a mentor and model to learn from. If you hold a leadership position, model ethically desirable behaviors and live your life as a good example for others.
7. Be a teacher Offering people intellectual stimulation is a major factor in being a transformational leader. Be a leader that offers training and wisdom to your constituents.
8. Have high expectations Expect more from others and communicate your high expectations to others in order to energize and inspire them.
9. Set motivating goals Leaders help people set personal goals as well as business or team goals.
10. Share information Be transparent and open with the people you influence. A leader that shares information will be seen as more authentic and will garner trust and loyalty.
11. Reward and celebrate innovation and effort Always remember to offer praise for people who attempt to make progress and remember the power of small improvements. Help others feel proud of themselves.
12. Grow experts Cultivate and grow other people to be leaders as well.
13. Say “thank you” Showing your appreciation and gratitude for others time and energy is a wonderful motivator. Find ways to say “thank you” and express that you appreciate what others do.
14. Show your emotions Don’t be afraid to be genuine and express how you feel. Embrace vulnerability and be willing to connect with people in a moving way.
15. Be flexible Dealing with people effectively and solving problems successfully requires we are able to be flexible. Think outside of the box when it comes to finding solutions and be prepared for obstacles and unexpected situations.
Leaders have to be able to flexibly adapt their strategies in line with their personal qualities, the company culture, and the situation. The new thinking about leadership emphasizes authenticity, openness, caring and flexibility. A leader needs to be genuine and lead by example, understanding and is emotionally connected in order to inspire loyal followers.
Here six qualities a leader needs to be successful:
- A good leader lives by the same principles he expects of his followers - Great leaders inspire us to reach for the stars and to become what we dream of. - Good leaders show empathy - they take the time to listen to and connect emotionaly with followers at all levels - The best leaders show passion, commitment, and dedication. They put the organization first and are willing to make personal sacrifices to achieve group goals that they highly value. They display self-discipline and unselfishness. - A key quality of leadership is the ability to inspire others through emotional connection as well as rational arguments and explanation. Leaders articulate their vision in such a way that followers can see the big picture. Leadership involves engaging the whole person including the sense, thoughts, and emotions. - Great leadership involves bringing out the best in the followers. Leaders create an organizational culture in which the strengths and potential of each individual are valued and recognized.
These words sum it up so wonderful:
Leadership is not so much about technique and methods as it is about opening the heart. Leadership is about inspiration - of oneself and of others. Great leadership is about human experiences, not processes. Leadership is not a formula or a program, it is a human activity that comes from the heart and considers the hearts of others. It is an attitude, not a routine.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.