1. The reasons for the decline in the deficit are that we are experience a reduction in health care cost because the companies are providing health care for us. 2. The presidents budget would reduce the deficit each year to get us to 1.6% instead of it going back up slightly. 3. The presidents budget tries to build on Congress's effort to compromise the the allocation of discretionary spending by doing the opportunity, growth, and security initiative proposal; one component is manufacturing, the president wants to make a national network of advanced manufacturing institutes that would help create jobs- 45 of them. 4. The pros that I see in this proposal are that he would help increase education, the economy, and jobs. The cons that I see are that he is not focusing on one issue so some of the issues listed might get left behind.
The NRA is exercising it's influence on this appointment by putting pressure on the Senators who are up for reelection through the states that are against gun control. The NRA's specific concerns are that the Surgeon General will pass gun control laws such as a ban on assault weapons, mandatory safety training and ammunition sales limits.
Senators who vote for this appointment will most likely be voted out of office; the greatest concern is Senators from ALaska, Arkansas, and Louisiana.
The President chooses the candidate for the appointment, but it must get approved by the Senate.
The White House could focus the candidate's views away from gun control, try to postpone the vote or pull him from the appointment. The White House learned that they can only lose 10 Democrats and still get the appointment confirmed.
More Americans today are satisfied with where the nation stands on acceptance of gays and lesbians, federal taxes, and healthcare availability than were satisfied in 2001. But Americans' satisfaction with the economy has declined.
1. No the historical evets of this period do not explain the change in public opinion, because the public was happy about everything else besides the ecnonmy and the events would have effected other aspects of society.
2. No because they are very close on most of the issues; only a few have a big gap between the republicans and democrats.
3. The democrats would support environmental changes and new policies on guns. the republicans would support world affair changes, military changes and new immigration policies.
4. It has a very low sampling error percentage and that means the data given in percentages can range from +4 to -4.
1 Roberts has consistently supported conservative decisions; "has allowed him to establish a robustly conservative record...". 2. A precedent is when a lawyer cites a previous case related to the case they are currently trying to win; Roberts court always stands with their original decisions and does not change for what big businesses want. 3. The Obama administration has an overall poor record in defending their interest in the Supreme Court because the Court always rules against Obama's policies and stands by their original decisions. The President might get the public on his side or draw attention to the policy he wants to pass in order to get greater success with the Supreme Court. 4. Justice Anthony Kennedy is considered the "swing vote" because he often changes sides between the liberals and conservative. 5. Yes the article seems bias because they seem to support how Roberts runs the Supreme Court and go against Obama's policies.
Obama is enacting an executive order to keep companies from punishing employees for disscussing thier pay because he believes employees should have more access to information regarding their job. The order needs to be voted on by the Senate, and Obama is directing the Labor Department to have strict rules on equal pay for women.
Obama is trying to get past Congress and is creating a gap in between them. The specific order can have a direct impact on the economy in a broader view. Federal Contractors are also worried that it will fuel lawsuits over equal pay.
The White House has chosen to avoid putting executive orders on gay right's issues because the Obama administration does not want Congress to also pass a law making the executive order redundant.
Video on msnbc.com: The age-old practice of politicians re-drawing Congressional districts to find friendly voters, or, gerrymandering, has allowed members of the House of Representatives from both sides of the aisle to stay in power regardless of...
1. The media seems to be looking for a candidate that is easily favorited by the people and who does not have a too rough of a background. It is the same for both parties.
2. Sabato is not focused on the platforms of the candidates, he is more focused on issues of their backgrounds.
3. By permanent presidential campaognThe job is very important and begins years before the candidate starts to run for office; the government must let the public know all the information about each candidate.
4. I do think there is an adnavtage in being identified as an early leader in the race because it begins to attract attention to the candidate and people will be more likely to learn more things about them.
Texas remains a Republican-leaning state because its white residents are becoming increasingly Republican and its large Hispanic population, though solidly Democratic, is less so than Hispanics nationally.
1. Democrats are hoping for a party realignment in Texas because more Hispanics are leaning more towards a democracy rather than a republic, and more Hispanics are coming into Texas to combine with the Democratic African Americans. The minorities are combining and can eventually over rule the white population of republicans.
2. The trends in party identification of Texas are that the majority of whites are still republican but the minorites are turning more towards the Democratic Party.
3. There is unlikely a result in party realignment because most Hispanics have not registered, so therefore they will not be able to vote and change Texas to a republican state. This is related to political participation because if the Hispanics don't participate then they cannot change the party identification.
4. They did polls over the telephone and landline polls were chosen at random within each household based on the member with the person with the most recent birthday.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.