Yeah! Raf Stevens' new book "No Story No Fans" is finally available.
I had a chance to review an advanced copy and loved it. The focus of the book is how to use storytelling to grow your business. Perfect!
This is a next generation book on business storytelling. We've had fabulous books written on business storytelling over the years. They set the foundation for biz storytelling, and gave us some tools to help us.
Raf's book gives concrete ways to use stories in marketing, branding, and advertising your business. Combined with Annette Simmon's book "Whoever Tells the Best Story Wins," you've got a powerhouse of help to accelerate your business resuls.
Here are just a few things that I like about the "No Story No Fans" book:
1) That Raf shared lots of stories, and modeled good storytelling.
2) The concept and language of story trading -- the true power of business storytelling. I've used the terms 'story sharing' for years, but I like Raf's term better and will start using that.
3) His process for working with story circles -- it is very well articulated and you can use it too.
4) The different types of story applications talked about.
5) And of course, all of the points Raf discusses, explains, illustrats and brinhd home to us about the importance of storytelling, why/how it works, and how we need to shift our thinking/practices about branding, marketing, advertising.
6) That I got to see my esteemed colleagues and friends in his book: Gregg Morris, Annette Simmons, Steve Denning, Kat Hansen, & Cynthia Kurtz.
7) I also love that Raf used crowd sourcing and the cloud along with the QR codes to create and share his book, plus offer you tools to grab. It's really cool and as you read the book, you'll see what I mean.
Good job Raf! And readers, I encourage you to add this book to your resources. I don't think you'll be disappointed.