A very good friend of mine, Real Estate Coach Darin Persinger wrote a post this week called Storytelling Isn’t Marketing poking some holes into how we can be quite guilty of buying in to the ‘new shiny tool’ or in this case the ‘new shiny idea’.
This post is from author Teri Conrad and is an excellent reminder of how storytelling is re-shaping marketing. Teri makes great points here:
- Success in marketing is about applying systems and following through. Even if you have compelling stories, without a system very little is going to happen.
- People buy the Why of your product/service, not the What (features).
- Embody the "what can I give?" perspective.
- Focus on creating fabulous experiences for customers/clients.
- Know and communication your purpose -- get clear on that.
Points 2-5 are all about how you frame your stories and then convey them. I would add one more -- make sure you are authentic!
Using stories in your marketing can be very powerful. Follow these principles to ensure success with your business storytelling.
Now go read the full article for all the other insights to be gained here :)
This review was written by Karen Dietz for her curated content on business storytelling at www.scoop.it/t/just-story-it