Unsung, historic and beautiful, Elba - the island where Napoelon was exiled prior to Waterloo - has plenty to offer British holidaymakers too.
Here are six reasons:
1. Because no one you know has ever been there, and hardly any can place it on a map.
2. Because it’s instructive to follow Napoleon around
3. Because there’s more to Elba’s past than Napoleon
4. Because it’s really very up and down
5. Because some pretty cool people have been there before you
6. Because there’s a new air link, Pisa to Elba