iPad in Education For Dummies [Sam Gliksman] on Amazon.com. *FREE* super saver shipping on qualifying offers. It's easy to bring the incredible iPad experience to your classroom today!
Lisa Johnson 's insight:
iPad in Education For Dummies is now shipping from Amazon for $13.65. I might be a little biased as some of my iLessons were included in the resource... BUT I think it is a very thorough and useful purchase.
A little more info...
1. It's a book for all levels: The book is a part of the very popular "for Dummies" series of books - hence the title. The book is however written for anyone interested in the use of iPads for educational purposes - whether beginner or advanced, teacher or parent, administrator or in-class educator.
2. It's primarily about education: The book really should have been titled, "Education using iPads" rather than "iPads in Education". Most Dummies books tend to be how-to manuals but this is primarily a book about education and focuses on the use and integration of iPads into 21st century learning initiatives. Yes, you will learn how to use iPads but it will be within the context of educational goals and objectives that prepare our students for life in the modern world.
Get recommended app lists, webcasts and resources selected by Apple Distinguished Educators. Our recommended apps have been tested in a variety of different grade levels, instructional strategies and classroom settings.
Listly List - iWriting Inspiration - Student Created Books in the iClassroom by Eanes Ind School District, Story Spark - spark creativity in your writing By Thinkamingo, Story Dice By Thinkamingo, The Brainstormer By Tapnik, Lists for Writers -...
Lisa Johnson 's insight:
A List of 20+ Apps for Pre-Writing and Combatting Writer's Block.
Wixie is the award winning online authoring tool students can use to construct knowledge and communicate ideas. Today’s learners need a tool that is accessible whenever and wherever they are ready to learn! Students can use Wixie’s paint tools, text options, clip art, and voice recording to develop online storybooks, curriculum projects, and so much more.
- Wixie is a great tool for self-expression Combining artwork with text and voice recording makes Wixie the perfect canvas for today’s digital learners.
- Wixie motivates a wide range of learners Wixie helps all students produce high-level work, providing a sense of pride in their abilities and fostering the determination to achieve.
- Wixie helps students learn Creating with technology encourages thinking, creativity, and communication skills.
- Wixie helps students develop collaboration skills Wixie supports team-building and organization skills through real-time collaborative projects.
- Wixie supports strong school-to-home connections Everything created in Wixie is stored in the cloud and can be shared as easily as sending a URL by email.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.