Over the past few months, we’ve seen companies take the power of social media and mobile to completely new heights. Here are the four main ingredients that comprised the framework of these digital adventures that you should know for your digital campaigns.
With mobile now the first screen in consumers lives — and a primary channel for brands to connect with consumers — marketers must closely examine their 2015 programs through the lens of the consumer to ensure the consumer, not the product or brand, is the center of focus.
How does this affect how you shape your marketing initiatives?
Here are some tips to use in 2015:
- Beacon strategy must be integrated into an omnichannel approach;
- Don’t be obsessed over location marketing;
- Have an orchestrated view into cross-channel data; - Learn from the disruptors
From all our experiences, we culled those elements that made the biggest impact on direct revenue and we learned one big lesson, if you want a direct booking or direct revenue strategy to work, it must be a cohesive plan. Meaning the hotel website design, the distribution strategy, the SEO, the Search Engine Advertising, the metasearch advertising, the social media strategy and even the rate strategy need to be built as one plan in a holistic approach.
What breaks most hotel marketing efforts isn’t the actions they are doing but the lack of coordination between these efforts. Even a mediocre hotel marketing strategy, well executed in a coordinated manner will be more efficient than the best strategies executed through disparate efforts.
TripAdvisor collaborates with your connectivity partner to display your rates – alongside a “Book on TripAdvisor” button – on your property page. Travelers click the button to seamlessly complete their reservations on the site. The booking process is fully optimized for desktop, tablet and mobile platforms in 25 languages and many global currencies.
- Cost? Either 12% or 15% depending on model you take
- Difference between CPC and InstantBooking: no risk
If hotel managers and executives really want to increase direct bookings to the greatest extent possible and use the OTA channels to their best potential, that is, to find a new guest that would otherwise not have found you, here are some easy solutions.
12 great and simple tips you can implement to increase direct bookings without huge investments.
The one area where hotels do still have the competitive edge over online travel agents is when the customer walks through the door.
It’s here, when the guest is immersed in the hotel experience, that hoteliers have a chance to upsell everything from innovative in-room services like childcare to spa treatments, tours and activities, a cocktail in the bar or a shuttle to the airport.
Here are some recommendations to increase ancillary revenue:
You always read about things you should include in your social media strategy: tips, tricks, hacks, trends, and other topics that anyone working in social media should know. But what about the things you shouldn’t do?
Many common social media marketing tactics are ineffective at best, and can be damaging to your brand at their worst.
Here are some of the more common ones you should avoid:
- Like-Baiting (using provocative or controversial headlines to stir up social attention for likes and clicks);
- Buying Likes And Followers: it's tempting, but it’s just an empty number;
- Always ask yourself "Do they even care?’" before posting;
Google changes its algorithm 500-600 times per year.
With so many updates happening so often, even the most diligent marketers can miss an important release or two.
To make sure you're all caught up with the latest and greatest in SEO, understand what SEO used to be and what it is now:
- Don’t focus on single keywords but on user needs and long tail searches - Create contents for your users, not for Google; - Think before you link-build: stop spammy backlinks and and focus on quality relationships;
Every detail of your page should have a deeper purpose for being there other than a need to fill up space. From the size and color of your call-to-action button to the length of your copy, every choice you make should have a strategic reasoning behind it.
How to optimize your Landing Page:
- Stay relevant; - Choose one, and only one, call-to-action; - Keep your value proposition simple and clear; - Create a sense of urgency; - Use client testimonials.
In November 2014, Google discarded Carousel for a new 3-pack organic listing. The new 3-pack results are the top-ranking organic listings (not paid ads), which users can click to view full business details and incorporated Google Hotel Finder information.
How to take advantage of new Google 3-Pack?
- Make sure your Google Business Listing is merged and verified;
- Optimize your hotel at a local level;
- Include Google Hotel Finder in your paid search marketing plan.
SEO is an evolving science. While some of the core principles will presumably stick around forever (e.g. creating high-quality content), the nuanced aspects of it are subject to continuous change. And as a result, many of the "proven" tactics people have used in the past (keyword stuffing, link schemes) are now stuff of legend.
There's a registration process to this document. For any hotelier or hotel marketing staff that is involved in the SEO strategy of the hotel, this is valuable information. Understand the real impact of links, keywords, keyword repetition, texts, how to build your home page and more. And understand how not to spam.
Web design is a tricky subject. People have different opinions about what constitutes good web designand what doesn’t.
Some people think your site needs to be super sleek with an up-to-date, modern design in order to get attention. Others believe that web design doesn’t really matter all that much and you just need a site that works and lets people do what they want, like Craigslist.
Some key takeaways:
- In 2013 a study found that average human attention span is 8 seconds, which is 1 second less than a goldfish.
- People only read 28% of words on a page
- Call to actions don't need to be red, they need to be accentuated
- Don't break design principles unless you know what you are doing.