Excerpted from the article:
"Much has changed in the SEO landscape and the practice of search optimization over the past year – from the ongoing Panda and Freshness updates to the introduction of Google+ and Search Plus Your World.
This approach to being found organically will help answer two critical questions: how do you know if you’re maximizing your SEO investment given the changes Google has introduced and how you can sell your services and prove value to your clients?
Although a lot has changed, two aspects of SEO remain certain:
- SEO isn't dead, nor will it die in the foreseeable future.
- The way we perform and measure SEO has to change and is changing.
The idea of building out a hierarchy of web presence optimization (WPO) comes from the belief that basic fundamentals are required before organic search success can be achieved.
There are five different tiers in The Hierarchy of Web Presence Optimization.
1) Technical SEO Fundamentals & Foundation accounts for approximately 10 percent of the SEO efforts often consisting of one-time tasks such as:
***Setting up robots.txt, 401 redirects, sitemap, title tags, etc.
***Configuration and cross referencing of a blog presence and social accounts including: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+ and any other industry-specific social media or sharing sites.
***Implementation of social sharing icons throughout the main web and blog sites.
***Backlinking from respected industry and local directories.
2) Keyword and Competitive Research tier is an on-going process that will expand and evolve as you venture deeper into your organic optimization strategy.
Approximately 25 percent of your SEO efforts should be focused on continually understanding the keyword phrases that drive targeted traffic and conversions.
3) Optimized content marketing plan is at the intersection of organic search optimization, social media, all the recent Google algorithm changes, and content marketing. Planning and creating your optimized content accounts for the majority of your SEO efforts - approximately 55 percent.
4) Publish, Socialize & Share Content:
Distributing your content effectively and frequently should occupy about 5 percent of your SEO effort.
The distribution of your optimized content marketing is key because it accomplishes the following goals for your SEO campaign.
5) Measure & Improve:
In order to improve a content marketing campaign for further execution, not only must you master the previous tiers, but you must measure, benchmark, tweak and repeat. This is the final and ultimate tier – the remaining 5 percent of your SEO effort...."
Each tier is analyzed with more information. Check out the full article here: http://j.mp/I49ZPd
Via Giuseppe Mauriello