For libraries, 2013 was an eventful year. PW takes a look back at the top 10 library stories of the year, and a look ahead to what might be on the horizon in 2014.
1. An E-Book Breakthrough?
2. Google, GSU and Fair Use
3. The Common Core's Rough Debut
4. What Happened to Copyright Reform
5. Pew Finds Americans Love Their Libraries, but use is declining
6. A bookless Library
7. The NYPL goes back to the drawing board
8. The digital public library of America launches
9. Congress, White House push for public access to reasearch
10. The death of Aaron Swartz