India ranks 66th in Global Innovation Index 2013..among 142 economies surveyed.
India dropped down in the latest Global Innovation Index (GII), falling behind many smaller economies such as Cyprus (27), Barbados (47), Mauritius (53) and Armenia (59) even as it remained ahead in its region, the latest rankings revealed.
The rankings, which have been compiled and published by Cornell University, INSEAD...saw India drop to 66 this year from 64 last year among the 142 economies surveyed.
India ranked poor in the areas such as:
- political stability (123),
- ease of starting business (128),
- school life expectancy (109),
- Pupil-teacher ratio (108),
- knowledge absorption (122)
- and others.