Facing the administrative burden of promotion/tenure for roughly 240 candidates each year, the University of Florida developed an online promotion and tenure work process.
After only a year and a half of full implementation, outcomes have included:
- a 90 percent reduction in paper,
- a reduction in printing and administrative costs,
- a marked reduction in work time for faculty and staff,
- consistency and conformance within the tenure review process,
- easier accessibility to promotion and tenure packets for academic reviewers,
- improved transparency at all review levels, and
- the ability for tenure candidates to monitor their progress throughout the cycle.
The cost savings for the first year alone was nearly $203,000.
Related posts by Deb: