There are 15 electronic gimzo type items on the page, being sold from America's Technology Store. 13 of the 15 you now always have in your pocket.
You'd have spent $3,054.82 in 1991 to buy all the stuff in this ad that you can now do with your phone.
That amount is roughly equivalent to about $5,100 in 2012 dollars.
A sample from Steve Cichon's list:
- All weather personal stereo, $11.88. I now use my iPhone with an Otter Box.
- Microthin calculator, $4.88. Swipe up on iPhone.
- Tandy 1000 TL/3, $1599. I actually owned a Tandy 1000, and I used it for games and word processing. I now do most of both of those things on my phone.
- VHS Camcorder, $799. iPhone.
- Mobile Cellular Telephone, $199. Obvs.
- Mobile CB, $49.95. Ad says "You'll never drive 'alone' again!" iPhone.
- Deluxe Portable CD Player, $159.95. 80 minutes of music, or 80 hours of music? iPhone.
- 10-Channel Desktop Scanner, $99.55. I still have a scanner, but I have a scanner app, too. iPhone.
Related tools by Deb: