Innovation is everyone's great desire. We worship innovation. Entrepreneurs embrace it. Careers are made on it. Companies compete over it. The challenge is we may not all be talking about the same thing.
The innovator's mindset embraces these ten strategies I have found in my research:
1. Bring value and meaning that is clearly unique.
2. Create a culture of inventing that others can build on.
3. Move with velocity to embrace the new.
4. Have the courage to create.
5. Disrupt yourself before others do.
6. If you don't have passion about an idea, don't do it.
7. Change something to make it better, bring the value.
8. Monetizing innovation is called success.
9. People do the innovating.
10. Decide what mountain top you want to own, then go for it.
Via Rami Kantari, Dan Kirsch, Gust MEES